Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade UCCX , CUCM and Unity version 8.5.1 to 11.0 on BE6M

fri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am new in CISCO voice and i have a project that need do upgrading UCCX , CUCM and Unity version 8.5.1 to 11.0 on BE6M, the BE6M is on production (In using). Any best suggest can please advise me how can preform this upgrade?

On UCCX provisoned storage 600 GB

CUCM 250 GB

Unity 300 GB

Current in BE6M only leave 170 GB free space.

Need help.

Many Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start by reading, for each product 

A) Upgrade guide

B) Release notes

C) ReadMe from the ISO to use

As well as the compatibility guides. 

That will give you all the necessary info to plan your upgrade  

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Adding to Jaime's perfectly valid response: The scope of your question is much broader than you realize. I suggest you engage a partner who's done this before to lead you through it. To start, I believe at this point you will need to pay for an upgrade of the product licensing and reinstate maintenance coverage; the 8.5 release train is past the last date of support and you couldn't possibly have UCSS (now SWSS) coverage on it still. Upgrading to/past 9.0 also requires a migration from DLU to user-based licensing.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/7800-series-media-convergence-servers/eos-eol-notice-c51-730843.html

Another example of the scope here: there is no OVA template for any of the applications you list with those storage requirements. CCX for example tops out at two vDisks of 146GB each - a total of 292GB not 600GB. Those storage requirements suggest either unsupported snapshotting is in use or the required OVAs were not used to install the VMs.
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/cisco-collaboration-virtualization.html

As you'll discover in the product documentation Jaime pointed you to, upgrades are done in-place within the existing virtual machine and does not consume additional storage since the VMs should have been thick provisioned initially. The products also have version interdependencies; getting from 8.5 to 11.x will likely require a few hops to keep CUCM and CCX on compatible releases.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: