cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgraded switches and CER still sees the old interface names

mdodge
Level 1
Level 1

The old switches had fastethernet interfaces and the new switches have gigabit interface. The new switches are using the same IPs as the switches they replaced. CER still shows the old fastethernet interfaces.

Is there a particular method of refreshing the switches so they show the proper interface names?

4 Replies 4

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

Phone Tracking > Run Switch-Port & Phone Update

Thanks, I have 33 switches and wasn’t sure how long it would take to refresh so I didn’t know if I could do it on the fly. With 33 switches is this something I should do during a maintenance window? Also, is there a way to update the switches one at a time? There’s not much detail on the actual process on the website or help pages.

You can also run 'locate switch-ports' on an individual switch via Phone Tracking > LAN Switch Details, and find & select the switch in question. You can then go to ERL Membership > Switch Ports, and find a particular switch and then just keep refreshing by hitting 'find' until you see the interface names updated.

There's no service impact from doing this though. CER will do the SNMP polling again, and as it receives the data, it'll overwrite the older data. If an emergency call is placed while the polling is happening, the previous SNMP polling data is used. I'd just run the switch port update.

Thank you very much I will give it a try and update the thread.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: