Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading CUCM from 8.6 to Version 10

Hi Team,

We have Cisco UCS C200 M2 server and running CUCM 8.6.2.20000-2.

Since we are in UCSS contract for 3 years we have ordered Migration Kit for CUCM ver 10. Now we have got all the necessary files from Cisco to download. Now i do not fine any procedure or documents related on how to upgarde from 8.6 to 10.

Please help me on getting the required data, it will be helpful.

Regards
MAC       

Regards MAC
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi MAC,

See the steps in the attached

Upgrade Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 10.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_U4214F9D_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-100.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Seek it out and ye shall find  " 

- OneRepublic

View solution in original post

+5 to Rob for answering the initial inquiry.

You need to request the license via Product Upgrade Tool (PUT), also make sure you familiarize yourself on the new licensing model with version 9+ requiring licensing node, which in version 10 is called Prime Licensing Manager (PLM) renamed from ELM which was introduced in version 9. Basically you no longer use DLUs on the back end side and proper user UCL or CUWL licenses are now tracked.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi MAC,

See the steps in the attached

Upgrade Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 10.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_U4214F9D_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-100.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Seek it out and ye shall find  " 

- OneRepublic

Hi Rob,

I have downloaded the file and will go through the procedure. I just wanted to know about the Licensing part. How will i get license form CUCM 10? I did not receive any Licenses from Migration Kit

Regards
MAC

Regards MAC

+5 to Rob for answering the initial inquiry.

You need to request the license via Product Upgrade Tool (PUT), also make sure you familiarize yourself on the new licensing model with version 9+ requiring licensing node, which in version 10 is called Prime Licensing Manager (PLM) renamed from ELM which was introduced in version 9. Basically you no longer use DLUs on the back end side and proper user UCL or CUWL licenses are now tracked.

HTH,

Chris

Hii Guys,

I plan to install Cucm from 8.6 to Cucm10 and I want to new fee steps.

I have 2 Cisco UCS C200 with 3 virtual machine ( 1 Pub, 1 Sub, 1 Voicemal)

- prepare the Cluster for down grade in case I have problems with certifications on the devices

- install the firmware for the cucm10 version on cucm8.6 before the upgrade

- prepare the Licence for migration 

- update pub and after the Sub. Restart the Pub then the Sub

- then I will check if the phones register to new cucm

- after update If I have problems i will switch version from cucm console to 8.6

I will make a snapshot for pub and sub and I want to now if I have problems with migrations if I can  use snapshot  to go to back to 8.6.

Thanks fro replay guys 

Hey Aman,

Yes, I talk about what you share.

Hi,

You can try the same or wait for someone else  to advice since I have never used this procedure .

regds,

aman

Hi Jaime,

thanks for confirming [+5] since I was not confident on upgradation using VM Snapshot.

regds,

aman

We don't support you taking snapshots of CUCM

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_VMware_Requirements#VMware_Feature_Support_for_Unified_Communications_8.0.282.29_through_10.0

You need to DRS for backup.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hey Jaime,

You men to make the backup and after upgrade to restore the backup?

Hi,

You need to take the backup of CUCM 8.6 and then, restore it on VM. After that u upgrade to CUCM 10.

You can run the LCU [license count utility ] from PC when CUCM is on 8.6.This file would be csv file consiting of details of IP address of PUB, MAC address, used /unused DLUs,Essential /Basic/UCL Enhanced/CUWL Std licenses required by users.

After u upgrade succesfully to CUCM 10, share the file from Prime License Manager  to licensing@cisco.com along with csv file generated from LCU.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: