cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading device firmware on CUCM 12.5

Karl Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry if this is a noob question, but we have just upgraded to CUCM 12.5.x and I need to deploy a firmware upgrade to my MX700s and other video endpoints. In version 11.x I would login to the OS Administration portal on the publisher, click on Software Upgrades, then go to Software Installation/Upgrade to begin the process of transferring the cop.sgn files. I'd then repeat these steps on each subscriber. I noticed the Software Installation/Upgrade Cluster menu.... Can this be used to deploy the device firmware cop.sgn file to my publisher and subscribers or is this just for OS/App upgrades?

8 Replies 8

i believe you can use that for upgrading the firmware too.

i tried this  option Software Installation/Upgrade Cluster for  installing  ciscocm.free_common_space COP.

Response Signature

Asper the admins guide its mentioned to use Install/Upgrade option not the cluster. Better  stick with the admin guide.

And asper Cisco documents  the install/Upgrade cluster is to enhance and make easier tasks like Upgrade/Restart/Switch Version

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_5_1SU1/adminGd/cucm_b_administration-guide-1251SU1/cucm_b_test-adminguide_chapter_0110.html#task_0579BAD0EFA1447FE2550BC549627C28

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/214134-upgrade-enhancements-in-cisco-unified-c.html

Response Signature

You can use that option for any cop or iso file installation.

Response Signature

Thank you Roger! So this will install the device firmware cop.sgn file on all the servers in the cluster, right from the publisher? Do I still need to restart the TFTP service on all servers?

Nithin, right, this is how I did it under 11.x but it sounds like, from Roger's comment, that in 12.5 you can use the Software Installation/Upgrade Cluster menu to distribute the cop.sgn file to all servers in the cluster, rather than having to do each server individually.

you can use Software Installation/Upgrade Cluster if you need to install a cop file on  a cluster. if you are installing a cop specific to a server use the Installation/Upgrade.

in your case you are trying to install the cop on a cluster and you can proceed with the Cluster option

Response Signature

Yes that correct. After completing the cop file installation you should restart the TFTP service on any node where it runs.

Response Signature