I have a customer with two older UCS C200 M2 servers with the follow specs:

R200-1120402W
Intel Xeon CPUs 2.133Ghz
2 processor slots
4 cores per socket
8 logical processors
24G of memory
1.8 TB storage

They are running a CallManager Pub and Sub, Unity Connection Pub and Presence Pub on one server and a CallManager Sub, Unity Connection Sub and Presence Sub on a second server.  They want to upgrade from UC 8.6 to version 10.5 or 11. They are running VMware 5.0.

Will this hardware support this upgrade? From what I have read this server has a restricted performance CPU and it may not support the upgrade. I have reviewed several different support matrices and have not been able to get a clear answer on this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Logan

5 Replies 5

Hi,

I ask myself the same question as  

In CISCO wiki we can see UCS C200 M2 (OLD BE6K) (CPU: Dual E5506 (4-core, 2.13 GHz))

as Supported Hardware (Older) UCS Tested Reference Configurations with YES for 1000 users CUCM

But in  Supported Hardware (Older)  UCS or 3rd-party Specs-based on Intel Xeon for restricted UC performance (CPU < 2.4 GHZ) with NO for 1000 users 

Not sure to understand if UCS C200 M2 is supported or not?

Thank you

If the HW is a TRC, yes, it's supported.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'm just about to start an upgrade in the similar setup and am wondering which version you went with and the OVA options. I'm looking at v11 and am trying to figure out of the OVA option for those should be the one that specifies BE6K or the one that specifies the C200.

It will be UCS Tested Reference Configurations if its a TRC BE6K / BE7K server. If you are using any other UCS or third party server then use UCS or 3rd-party Specs-based on Intel Xeon

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Virtualization_for_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_(CUCM)#Version_11.x

HTH

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: