Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading from UCCX 5.0 to 7.0

James Carlson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I am planning on upgrading from UCCX 5.0(2)SR_2 to UCCX 7.0 within

the next couple of weeks. I have a checklist of some concerns that I have and I would also

like to see if there's anything that I need to look out for or anything that

I've missed.

1. Will the \Documents, \Prompts, and \Scripts directories all be overwritten?

2. If so, and if they need to be copied back in, what will need to be re-added/imported in

the UCCX Admin Webpage?

3. A new CAD, Supervisor Desktop and CRS Historical Reporting programs will need to be

installed on all of the computers, correct?

4. Will the specific configuration/groups inside of Cisco Desktop Administrator stay

intact?

5. We use UCCX in conjunction with Calabrio. Will any changes need to be made to the

system post-upgrade to ensure that it still functions properly? For example, the Calabrio

schedules for each Agent also appear in their CAD. 

6. Will the directory that stores the recorded calls and the process for converting the

calls be affected?

7. What differences are there in our current Supervisor Desktop and our current version of

the CAD (6.4.2.200) and the newer version(s)?

Any input provided is much appreciated. Thanks!

5 Replies 5

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi James,

UCCX 5.0(2)SR_2 to UCCX 7.0 upgrade is just running the UCCX 7.0 installer on the already existing 5.x setup.

1. Will the \Documents, \Prompts, and \Scripts directories all be overwritten?

Answer: These things will remain intact, no need to do anything here.

2. If so, and if they need to be copied back in, what will need to be re-added/imported in

the UCCX Admin Webpage?

Answer: Refer the above answer

3. A new CAD, Supervisor Desktop and CRS Historical Reporting programs will need to be

installed on all of the computers, correct?

Answer: CAD\ CSD\CDA will go through automatic upgrade, once you launch any of these clinets after the UCCX upgrade is over.

For HRC and EDItor, you have to uninstall and reinstall them once again, there is no automatic upgrades for these clients.

4. Will the specific configuration/groups inside of Cisco Desktop Administrator stay

intact?

Answer: Every thing should stay intact. Please note don't forget to refer the release notes of UCCX 7.x for the opne caveots.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/release/notes/uccx701rn.pdf

5. We use UCCX in conjunction with Calabrio. Will any changes need to be made to the

system post-upgrade to ensure that it still functions properly? For example, the Calabrio

schedules for each Agent also appear in their CAD. 

Answer: Refer the answer for question 4.

6. Will the directory that stores the recorded calls and the process for converting the

calls be affected?

Answer: All the recorded files will be there in the system, You can always use the Raw to wave utility at any time.

7. What differences are there in our current Supervisor Desktop and our current version of

the CAD (6.4.2.200) and the newer version(s)?

Answer: Refer the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/user/guide/csd66ug-cm.pdf

Also make sure to have the compatiable Windows OS, if needed do an upgrade.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/installation/guide/uccx70ig.pdf

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please rate the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Just to add to the comprehensive information above (+5):

1. Your scripts should be OK, however your prompts and documents will only be OK if you have properly used these directories. If your scripts have written direct to these (or simply into the prog files\wfavvid folder) using write file steps, then these files will probably be deleted. Only docs/prompts uploaded via AppAdmin, or uploaded using upload document steps will be maintained.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for all of the input.

The Scripts, Prompts, and Documents are actually in subfolders of the original (ex: \wfavvid\Scripts\____ ) folders. So in this case, they will be overwritten, correct?

TAC is telling me that they'll be ok and won't be overwritten, but all of the techs/engineers I've spoken to who have done the upgrades are telling me that they will be overwritten.

Also, TAC is telling me that after I run the upgrade, although it isn't documented, that I'll have to run a Restore from my 5.0 version in the Backup and Restore Utility (?)

Hi James,

The Scripts, Prompts, and Documents are actually in subfolders of the  original (ex: \wfavvid\Scripts\____ ) folders. So in this case, they  will be overwritten, correct?

Answer: No, assuming that you have uploaded these prompts\grammers\scripts..etc from there uccx appadmin->Management pages (As Aaron also mentioned above)

TAC  is telling me that they'll be ok and won't be overwritten, but all of  the techs/engineers I've spoken to who have done the upgrades are  telling me that they will be overwritten.

Answer: It will be there in the system, will not be overwritten

Also,  TAC is telling me that after I run the upgrade, although it isn't  documented, that I'll have to run a Restore from my 5.0 version in the  Backup and Restore Utility (?)

Answer: No, it doesn;t include any backup and Restore activity, it just involves running the UCCX 7.x installer on top of the existing UCX 5.x system.

Note: If you have a high Availability system, you should perform the upgrades back to back on both the nodes. Dont put the system in production unless you finish the upgrade on both the nodes succesfully. Second node upgrade should start only after the successful upgrade of first node.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Hi

As I say, it's not so much about 'where' the files are, but how they got there. The contents of the wfavvid subfolders should mirror what's in the repository, but that's not always the case. If they don't, isntalling patches or upgrading is liable to trigger problems.

If I'm doing any maintenance of this sort I always take a copy of the entire wfavvid directory off the box first. That way you can just throw back any files that go missing or use diffmerge or something to verify that things aren't missing.

I don't recall having to do any sort of restore to upgrade 5.0 to 7, but it's been some time. Before 5.0 you had to use BARS to do upgrades/patches, which was an incredible pain and failed regularly even if you (think) you know what you are doing and have done it a million times before..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!