cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use Cisco Jabber to register the phone extension of UCCX agent

ERNESTO_VE
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Contact Center Express Implementation (v.8.5.1) and has always worked perfectly with Cisco IP Communicator.

Right now Cisco Jabber is being implemented in the company but I presents an issue with the Cisco Agent Desktop (CAD) of the Contact Center Express agents.

They have registered their telephone extension in the Cisco Jabber but when starting your CAD, an error indicating that the connection fails for a configuration error, to associate the phone's with user ID of JTAPI provider (obviously this is done, because the IP Communicator is the same extension, the same user and it works perfectly).

Thanks in advance.

Ernesto González

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

CCX needs to control the agents phone by JTAPI. If the agents extension appears on more than one phone then CCX gets confused as to which phone it should control.

So an agent extension must only appear once in the system, shared lines are not supported.

From the release notes for CCX 8.5

Unsupported Configurations for Agent Phones

Configuring the same Unified CCX extension in more than one device profile, or configuring the same Unified CCX extension in any combination of device profiles and devices. (Configuring an Unified CCX extension in a single device profile is supported.)

CCX 9.0(2) now supports Windows Jabber as an agent phone. You need to remove the agents from Jabber until you can upgrade CCX to 9.0(2)

Graham

View solution in original post

On CUCM go to Devices/Device Settings/Common Device Configuration

Find your configuration and set: to IPV4 only

If that does not fix it then restart the CTI services on all your CUCM servers

Graham

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

CCX needs to control the agents phone by JTAPI. If the agents extension appears on more than one phone then CCX gets confused as to which phone it should control.

So an agent extension must only appear once in the system, shared lines are not supported.

From the release notes for CCX 8.5

Unsupported Configurations for Agent Phones

Configuring the same Unified CCX extension in more than one device profile, or configuring the same Unified CCX extension in any combination of device profiles and devices. (Configuring an Unified CCX extension in a single device profile is supported.)

CCX 9.0(2) now supports Windows Jabber as an agent phone. You need to remove the agents from Jabber until you can upgrade CCX to 9.0(2)

Graham

Hi Graham. Thanks for your answer.

I configure only the Jabber for Windows as Agent extension.

Now, the issue is different, the CAD show me a new error: "You can't connect because the phone is enabled for IPv6. IPv6-enabled phones are not compatible with CAD". (view the following image...).

Any workaround for this issue?.

Best Regards.

EG

On CUCM go to Devices/Device Settings/Common Device Configuration

Find your configuration and set: to IPV4 only

If that does not fix it then restart the CTI services on all your CUCM servers

Graham

Using Jabber as an agent phone is not officially supported until UCCX 9.0(2)

Post back and let us know if it works on 8.5

Graham

Hi Graham. Thank you so much for your collaboration.

After performing the steps recommended by you, I could run the Jabber with CAD.

Next Monday I will try to contact center agents to validate its operation to be in production.

Best Regards.

EG

Hi EG

Thanks for the feedback,

I would suspect that silent monitoring and recording will not work. Normally the agents Phone name must begin SEP.

Graham

Does silent monitoring and recording work with Cisco Jabber windows client ?

You don't say with what.

The Calabrio call recording and silent monitoring will work using Network Recording if you start the Client name with SEP instead of CSF.

I suspect SPAN type or End Point will not work as the Jabber is SIP and not Skinny and I believe it looks at the protocol.

Jabber is offiicaly supported as a Client phone in CCX 9.0(2) so I would expect it to work with CCX 9.0(2).

Graham

Hi everybody.

Has anyone any news if Silent Monitoring from CSD work fine while agent is working with Cisco Jabber as telephone?

I have some end customers that are interested to use Jabber than CIPC.

Warm Regards,

Cláudio Costa