cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use of BAT file - How do you completely delete 150 phones and their associate DNs?

Calin Lupas
Level 1
Level 1

How do you completely delete 150 phones and their associate DNs? All the phones are in the same device pool. I prefer BAT way.

Version of the CUCM: 8.6.2

Type of phones: 7962 phones - associated with the same device pool.

Additinal questions: Is there a way to delete elegantly all the phones and their associated DNs when all the phones are associated to the same device pool? I rather not work with specific extensions and MAC addresses.

Thank you,

Calin Lupas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Calin,

Using BAT this will require 2 - passes. 1 for the phones and 1 for "unassigned DN's". this is nicely shown in the attached doc;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/8_0_1/bat-801-cm/t03delph.html#wp1342774

Of course for the DN's you could delete them via the Route Plan report>Unassigned DN>select all>Delete

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I would do an export of the phones, sort by Device pool, remove the rest of the phones and massage the BAT file a bit so that it only contains the fields that BAT require BAT for the deletion job.

Please rate useful posts.

Is there a way to delete the associated DNs on the phones when I delete the phones? 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Calin,

Using BAT this will require 2 - passes. 1 for the phones and 1 for "unassigned DN's". this is nicely shown in the attached doc;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/8_0_1/bat-801-cm/t03delph.html#wp1342774

Of course for the DN's you could delete them via the Route Plan report>Unassigned DN>select all>Delete

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob. Looks like there is a need for a 2 BAT files. 

Delete-unassigned-DNs method does not work well for us since our CUCM is not extremely clean. 

Is there a way to somehow collect all the DNs associated with all the phones in the device pool? This way, I could easily create the BAT file for the future unassigned DNs.

Thanks,

Calin