cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use of BAT file - How do you completely delete 150 phones and their associate DNs?

Calin Lupas
Level 1
Level 1

How do you completely delete 150 phones and their associate DNs? All the phones are in the same device pool. I prefer BAT way.

Version of the CUCM: 8.6.2

Type of phones: 7962 phones - associated with the same device pool.

Additinal questions: Is there a way to delete elegantly all the phones and their associated DNs when all the phones are associated to the same device pool? I rather not work with specific extensions and MAC addresses.

Thank you,

Calin Lupas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Calin,

Using BAT this will require 2 - passes. 1 for the phones and 1 for "unassigned DN's". this is nicely shown in the attached doc;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/8_0_1/bat-801-cm/t03delph.html#wp1342774

Of course for the DN's you could delete them via the Route Plan report>Unassigned DN>select all>Delete

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I would do an export of the phones, sort by Device pool, remove the rest of the phones and massage the BAT file a bit so that it only contains the fields that BAT require BAT for the deletion job.

Please rate useful posts.

Is there a way to delete the associated DNs on the phones when I delete the phones? 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Calin,

Using BAT this will require 2 - passes. 1 for the phones and 1 for "unassigned DN's". this is nicely shown in the attached doc;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/8_0_1/bat-801-cm/t03delph.html#wp1342774

Of course for the DN's you could delete them via the Route Plan report>Unassigned DN>select all>Delete

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob. Looks like there is a need for a 2 BAT files. 

Delete-unassigned-DNs method does not work well for us since our CUCM is not extremely clean. 

Is there a way to somehow collect all the DNs associated with all the phones in the device pool? This way, I could easily create the BAT file for the future unassigned DNs.

Thanks,

Calin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: