cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User cant access there voicemail

JBrav0
Level 1
Level 1

Out of nowhere a user just stopped having access to their voicemail, they have had the same pin for 5 years, and even after changing it from the Unity server, it's still rejecting it. 

Every other user is able to access their voicemail even if I change the pin on them. Can anyone think of a reason why this has happened to this user? and what I should be looking at?

3 Replies 3

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Based on your post, I'm assuming they are accessing from a hardware phone, is that correct? Have they tried from different phones to eliminate the possibility of a bad key/touch tone transmission? Can you gain permission from the user to change the PIN and test yourself? When you look at PIN settings, do you see evidence of incorrect passwords or the user being locked out?

Response Signature

You are correct, they do access the cisco unity voicemail from the cisco phone. I haven't tried to do it from another phone yet, but when I look at there profile I don't receive any indication that they are locking themselves out. I did unlock it just in case. I will try it from a different phone.

When this users try to login, whats the response you hear from Unity. is it giving you a invalid  PIN message  or it says account is locked ?

Hope you tried the below.

Capture1.PNG

Unlock the PIN

Capture.PNG

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: