Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User ID for Voice Mail

When a call to Unity Connection is made from an unknown extension, a ID and PIN is asked, if default configurations are used in CUC. The ID normally is the extension number. Is it possible to change the voice-mail box ID to the user alias (as seen in the user configuration in CUC and used as user-id for PCA) rather than the extension number with which a user is associated?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I see what you are seeing. AFAIK that is not a setting anywhere that can be changed, and the userID when prompted for login is the extension.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the user is defined as local user on the Unity Server then absolutely you can change the user name to something different. If users are imported from LDAP or CUCM then you need to change it there, but that will then create a new user in Unity rather than modify the existing user.

Thanks Chris for you reply.

However what I meant was, when a call is made to the VM pilot number from an "unknown" extension, the prompt asks to enter an ID and the PIN to sign-in and access the voice-mail. Extension number is normally used as the ID. Is it possible to use the user alias as the ID to sign-in to the VM, in place of the extension number?

E.g. For a LDAP synced user where EmployeeNumber field in AD is used as user-alias, imagine for a user; user-alias = 12345; extension number = 23456. Is it possible to sign-in to the VM user 12345 as ID and not 23456?

I see what you are seeing. AFAIK that is not a setting anywhere that can be changed, and the userID when prompted for login is the extension.

Thanks Chris. I was not able to find any way to change it from extension. It makes sense as well, as user ID, when LDAP synched can be anything, sAMAccountname, UPN, email,etc and not only numeric values as telephonenumber OR employeenumber.

Probably, I was being optimistic as the prompt says to enter the "ID" and not "extension" specifically :)

Regards

Sheetanshu

Indeed, thanks for following up. Please mark the thread as answered if you have no further questions. 

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: