Views
Helpful
Replies

User not syncing after doing ldap sync.

akazempoor
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

So I have two users that are active in AD and when I perform a LDAP sync they don't get added into call managers users. I created a test user in AD then did a sync and the user showed up so weird. I am guessing these two users might be corrupted in the CLI database but I have no idea how to change and delete them from there help please.

4 Replies 4

MyNameZac
Level 1
Level 1

Have the two users previously sync'd in the past?

Have you filled in the minimum attributes? For my system, it requires fname/sname, a few other details. I was caught out by not filling these in along with the ipPhone attribute.

Ya I have done that it doesn't make since when I created a test user in my AD it synced up right away and these two users are not syncing up at all running out of ideas. 

Things to check:

• As Zac pointed out, do the two users have the "Last Name" field filled in on their accounts in AD?
  • Are the userIDs of the two users already in use on CUCM? (userIDs must be unique on a cluster)

Can you post the output of an RTMT trace on the LDAP service? (Sanitized of IPs and such!)

Maren

Yes the users have there last names filled out. They were in CUCM and I deleted them but it looks like someone they're not fully deleted and in cucm still because when I create them locally in cucm it works fine but doesn't give me an option to convert them to LDAD sync user. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: