cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User's line text label. Please help!

mikeputz1
Level 1
Level 1

I really am stumped, I created a user with a bat file, manually assigned them a Directory number. Synchronized everything. 

The user is in a service area which has a template assigned to their role to set device and line settings. The line text label I have set as ${EXTENSION}, but once I go into CUCM it simply says "NEW". 

Also, in that same template I have a VM profile set, but it does not take in CM. The user has been given the voicemail service and assigned a VM directory number. 

PLEASE, help. In the long run I will be batch provisioning DNs to the users, but I need to understand why it isn't working.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Just working with PCP 11.5 here and for some reason, i'm encountering the same type of error where the Line Text Label says "New" instead of filling in my keywords of "${FIRSTNAME} ${EXTENSION}".  In my scenario, I'm adding a user using the auto provisioning method.  I first add the user in PCP and then self provision the endpoint.  

When I do this using the "Do Not Auto Provision", everything comes out fine. 

Any ideas as to why this may be happening?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anthony Gerbic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

First, please attach the batch you are using so we can check syntax. Second, what version of PCP are you using?  I believe the filling in of keywords embedded in templates called by a batch program is in PCP 11.2.  If you are using an earlier rev, keywords will not be filled in during a batch with templates.

Regards

I figured it out. I created the line and DN, but did not attach it to the device.  Didn't realize I had to if I was adding the service to a user. Thank you for response!

Hello,

Just working with PCP 11.5 here and for some reason, i'm encountering the same type of error where the Line Text Label says "New" instead of filling in my keywords of "${FIRSTNAME} ${EXTENSION}".  In my scenario, I'm adding a user using the auto provisioning method.  I first add the user in PCP and then self provision the endpoint.  

When I do this using the "Do Not Auto Provision", everything comes out fine. 

Any ideas as to why this may be happening?

I am a bit confused with one answer working for a different question which has a different scenario. 

Mike figured his out. When you create a line, you must also attach it to the device you want it attached to, otherwise a freestanding line will be created. A line service is usually created by itself if you are using the CUCM self provisioned service where you connect a phone to a line that was created earlier.

gurjbakshi's question sounds more like a problem with automatic template assignment. Based on the symptom, I would guess the problem is that the template assignment found at the bottom of the User Type PCP object (in Provisioning Setup) is not set to Yes so it can be applied when automatic service provisioning is selected.  Please check the list of templates at the bottom of the User Type (in Provisioning Setup) that matches the User Type assigned to the user and make sure the template you want is mapped there correctly and it is set to YES.  If this is setup correctly and enabled, that line template will be assigned to the line during provisioning and you will get the keywords and other settings assigned the line as expected. 

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: