cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User unable to delete message via phone and messages do not show up in e-mail

Donald Holman
Level 1
Level 1

Unity Version 7.0(2.0). Tried deleting user then imported user back into Unity. This did not resolve the problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds to me like you are in UMR (Unity Message Repository) Mode where Unity can't see the Exchange server so it stores all voicemails locally on the server. This would explain why the messages never show up in Outlook but are there when you login to your phone and you can listen to them but not delete them. Listen to the message when you login to check voicemails. It should tell you your message store is offline but you can still check messages. If so, you need to find out why Unity can't see Exchange. Here is the troubleshooting guide that addresses this issue.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/troubleshooting/guide/ex/5xcutsg050e.html

Tray

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds to me like you are in UMR (Unity Message Repository) Mode where Unity can't see the Exchange server so it stores all voicemails locally on the server. This would explain why the messages never show up in Outlook but are there when you login to your phone and you can listen to them but not delete them. Listen to the message when you login to check voicemails. It should tell you your message store is offline but you can still check messages. If so, you need to find out why Unity can't see Exchange. Here is the troubleshooting guide that addresses this issue.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/troubleshooting/guide/ex/5xcutsg050e.html

Tray

Thank you for your reply and the link.  Another symptom is when the user accesses their mailbox they hear the message, "The message server is offline." The message is only heard for the one mailbox. No one else has this problem and the server is online. After looking in Active Directory Users and Computers >[user name]> properties> Exchange Advanced> Mailbox Rights, the Unity MsgStoreSvc was not listed in the Group window. It looks like everything was not inherited for this user.

Donald Holman
Level 1
Level 1

I went into the "Tools Depot>Administration Tools>Global Subscriber Manager" and found a duplicate entry for the user's alias. I deleted the entry where the DTMF Access ID was blank, and the user was able to delete her messages.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: