cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users Associated with Line CUCM9

roark-michael
Level 1
Level 1

Our wonderfull HR Staff ran a script that wiped out our IP phone field in AD over the weekend. All of the user accounts got wired out by th e garbage collector before anyone knwe that this has happened . I have afull export from a month ago and was able to get the Owner User ID added to the devices, and the primary and IPCC phone extensions restored. I'm trying to find a way to get the Users Associated with Line filed populated using bulk Admin. I cannot find where to do that. We are running CUCM 9.1

Thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

You can try the following steps and let me know how it goes.

Create a .txt file format with the following headers, comma separated:

User ID,Device,Directory Number,Partition

In the lines below the headers, add the corresponding information, comma-separated.

Example, assuming you want to associate user1 to directory number 1001 and user2 to directory number 1002:

euser1,SEP001122aabbcc,1001,PT-A

euser2,SEP002211aabbcc,1002,PT-B

You can use Excel to create the file.  Save as a .csv file, then rename the file to .txt. Open it to make sure the format matches the one above.

Then got to CallManager Admin Page -> Bulk Administration -> Upload/Download Files,  hit "Add new", browse to your file, then select the following targets:

Target: User Line Appearance

Transaction type: Update Line Appearance - Custom File

Verify that the file has been uploaded, then go to Bulk Administration -> Users-> Line Appearance -> Update Line Appearance.

* Under "File name", drop down and select the file you uploaded.

* Do not add any of the checkmarks below, leave empty.

* Click the "Run immediately" radio button.

* Click "Submit"

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

You can try the following steps and let me know how it goes.

Create a .txt file format with the following headers, comma separated:

In the lines below the headers, add the corresponding information, comma-separated.

Example, assuming you want to associate user1 to directory number 1001 and user2 to directory number 1002:

euser1,SEP001122aabbcc,1001,PT-A

euser2,SEP002211aabbcc,1002,PT-B

You can use Excel to create the file.  Save as a .csv file, then rename the file to .txt. Open it to make sure the format matches the one above.

Then got to CallManager Admin Page -> Bulk Administration -> Upload/Download Files,  hit "Add new", browse to your file, then select the following targets:

Target: User Line Appearance

Transaction type: Update Line Appearance - Custom File

Verify that the file has been uploaded, then go to Bulk Administration -> Users-> Line Appearance -> Update Line Appearance.

* Under "File name", drop down and select the file you uploaded.

* Do not add any of the checkmarks below, leave empty.

* Click the "Run immediately" radio button.

* Click "Submit"

HTH

Manish

Thanks for the quick response. That worked!

That's good to know, thanks for updating the post.

Manish