cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users get messages "Your messages are not available now" while retrieving voicemail through IP phones

Roger B
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,This is Rahul

I am using Cisco Unity 7.0 with MS Exchange 2007. But now all the users are migrated to MS Exchange 2010 and only Unity mail boxes are on MS Exchnage 2007. When user tries to retrieve voicemail from IP phone they gets messages "Your messages are not available now" but they do get mails on their exchnage server with .wav as an attachment for the same. So need to resolve this issue. Should we need to upgrade any tool (Permission wizard) of Unity or need to do upgradation of MS Exchage?....Anyone can help me out

10 Replies 10

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Rahul,

Take a look at the Microsoft Exchange 2010 reference guide for integrating with Unity.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/using_exch2010/usingex2010withcu7x5x.html

It includes information for how to handle the Unity system mailboxes as well as considerations for the partner server.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hi Hailey,

Thank you for your update. But now the case is that customer has already migrated users to MS Exchange 2010 and those users are facing issue of "Your messages are not available now" whenever they try to retrieve the voicemails from IP phones.We need to troubleshoot this issue and get resolution on this.

Where are the Unity system mailboxes and which server is the partner server (i.e., reference the guide and your install details)? Unity has a partner server configuration and associated system accounts and mailboxes that need to be considered.

If you need quick resolution, you'll need to open a TAC case.

Hailey

Currently Unity system mailboxes are on Microsoft ES 2007.Is there any alternate solution other than TAC case,like upgradtion of Permissin wizard which is there in the link which you have shared in your last reply.

You need permissions on the new mail stores. You also need to read the procedures for determining where Unity mailboxes should reside and which server should be the partner server. From a troubleshooting perspective, you need to make sure you have followed those integration steps. Otherwise, you will have issues in most cases. TAC will be looking for the same type of information and procedure compliance.

Hailey

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hailey,

Great help here buddy! (+10)

Cheers!

Huff

PS: nice to hear you on the webex yesterday, great input!!

Roger B
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone help here as currently all the users are moved to Microsoft ES 2010 and Unity mailboxes are on ES 2007.

Users facing issue "Your messages are not available now" while retrieving voicemail through IP phones.

Rahul,

I see that you have posted multiple threads for the same issue in a few categories so I'll try one more time. 

I really am trying to help you but this is a two-way street.  In this scenario, the first thing to do is review the procedures again to ensure that you have accounted for all the required steps to get this working.  My understanding of your current situation is as follows:

Unity 7.0 integrated with Exchange 2010 - subscriber mailboxes have been moved to Exchange 2010; however, Unity mailboxes are still on Exchange 2007.

From the integration guide, please note the following:

Step 19 Move or create a mailbox for the Cisco Unity message store services account (typically UnityMsgStoreSvc), as applicable:

Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2007
mailbox already exists

Move the mailbox for the account to Exchange 2010.

No mailbox

Create a mailbox for the account in Exchange 2010.

Hailey

Hi Hailey,

Sorry for late reply.

Please correct me if i am wrong. As per your last post either i have to create the new mailboxes for Unity on Exchange 2010 or i have to move unity mailboxes from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010.

WIll it be a good option to create mail-boxes on Exchange 2010?

Rahul,

If your system was previously functioning then you would have existing mailboxes for that integration (prior to the addition of Exchange 2010). That's where the integration guide comes into play for how to handle the integration with Exchange 2010.

Hailey