Views
Helpful
Replies

Users getting dead air calls from "Voicemail"

hoffmann74
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM & Unity version is 9.1.2

I installed phones at a site last week and callers are reporting receiving sporadic calls from Unity/"Voicemail" on caller ID and when they answer the line no one is there.

I have a call handler set up for this group that rings a hunt pilot (Two line groups, if first doesn't answer, it rings the 2nd as well, if still no answer, voicemail.) I've made several test calls and have not been able to trigger the issue. If they don't answer, it goes to voicemail as expected.

Any guesses on what could be occurring? I've set up lots of call handlers, hunt pilots, etc. and this is the first reported instance of this issue.

3 Replies 3

hoffmann74
Level 1
Level 1

Additional info: While when it says "Voicemail" it usually shows an extension of 8000, which is our voicemail pilot, but a user sent me a screenshot also where it shows a call coming from 8038 with no caller ID info. This is not a number in our system, so I'm not sure where that number is originating from.

I'd be willing to bet that the 8038 extension is one of your voicemail port numbers. If you go into CUCM>Advanced Features>Voicemail>Cisco Voice Mail Ports it will list your voicemail ports.

Alternatively you can go into CUCM>Call Routing>Route Plan Report and do a search for 8038 and it will tell you what the DN is.

You are correct on that. Thanks.

Now if I can just determine why Unity keeps calling users.