cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Prime Deployment to add a IM&Presence server

Danny Mainprize
Level 1
Level 1

I have an existing cluster of a CCMPUB and a CCMSUB handling my phones.  Calls are working great, voicemail is working great, etc...

I want to add an IM & Presence server to that cluster.  My PUB and SUB are both version 11.5.1.11900.  I have Prime deployment 11.0.1.10000-6 installed and my PUB and SUB discovered.  I have gone into tasks/add new task, but it says there is no cluster found.  I have seen where I can define a new UC cluster, but it starts asking for setting to apply to all devices across the cluster and I do not want to mess up my working other servers.

My question is, can I use Prime deployment to add a new IM&P server to my existing CUCM cluster?  If so, how do I do this without breaking everything else?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PCD does nothing to device config, I'd suggest you try PCD 11.5 or just manually install your IM&P.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have tried for about 2 solid weeks to install IM&P manually, which is why I was going to try prime deployment.  I'll try installing deploy 11.5 and rediscovering and go from there.

Thank You.

If the reason for the error is something in your config, PCD will have the same issue, the install procedure is no different if you use PCD.

you might want to look at the issue you're having with the install to be able to add IMP.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Danny Mainprize
Level 1
Level 1

As per usual.....as soon as I ask for help or give up trying I found my answer.  I was 1,000% sure I had everything right.  I was using the wrong dang cluster password.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: