cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Unity 7 for forwarding calls to external numbers

dmooreami
Level 3
Level 3

I need to have unity to do some "time of day" forwarding of calls. Is this possible?

Can I create a Hunt group in Call Manager 7, point that to new Unity  "attendent" and have Unitiy based on time of day, forward calls to Number 408-555-1212 during 9-5. From 6-6am, Unity would send calls to External number 800-555-1212.

Callmgr 7 does not offer Time-of-day call forwarding.  I am not needing time-of-day call routing, which I know CM does.

Any docs on this out there?  Please freel free post the link.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Create the schedule accordingly.

Create 2 call handlers to send the call to the numbers you need. Make sure you set the transfer setting to "yes, ring subscriber at this DN"

Then for std greeting set the after greeting action to attempt transfer to CH1

Under closed greeting same as above, but attempt transfer to CH2.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

That's up to you.

Play the "Wait While I Transfer Your Call" Prompt

Check this check box to have Cisco Unity Connection play "Wait while I  transfer your call" to callers while performing the transfer.

This option is unavailable when Transfer Incoming Calls is set to the  Greeting option.

Default setting: Check box checked.

Call Management

You mentioned CUC in the response so i'll provide info for it, but the title and tags mention Unity (and they're not the same). If this is CUC then please make sure you don't use wrong tags in the future, people search the community and this just makes it harder if the threads have wrong product names.

HTH

java

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Create 2 call handlers to send the call to the numbers you need. Make sure you set the transfer setting to "yes, ring subscriber at this DN"

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks, I am a newbie to Uconn.  From what I understand, there has to be some type of "voice prompts" from Uconn, during this "transfer process"? Something like "please hold as we transfer your call" as the standard greeting?

javalenc wrote:

HTH

java

That's up to you.

Play the "Wait While I Transfer Your Call" Prompt

Check this check box to have Cisco Unity Connection play "Wait while I  transfer your call" to callers while performing the transfer.

This option is unavailable when Transfer Incoming Calls is set to the  Greeting option.

Default setting: Check box checked.

Call Management

You mentioned CUC in the response so i'll provide info for it, but the title and tags mention Unity (and they're not the same). If this is CUC then please make sure you don't use wrong tags in the future, people search the community and this just makes it harder if the threads have wrong product names.

HTH

java

HTH

java

It is the Linux based appliance , Cisco Unity Connection 7.x.  Didnt know there was still a supported windows product, thought that one was EOL/EOS and was at ver 5 or 6.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: