Views
Helpful
Replies

VG350 Gateway Configuration

aniket0422
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

Can someone please help me with the sample configuration of VG350 analog gateway.

i want to configure it with CUCM 11.5 and register analog phones and FAX machines.

VG350 is new for me and i am not sure what is the best way to configure it.

Someone please help me with sample configuration.

10 Replies 10

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is nothing novel or unique about the VG350 from a configuration perspective. Choose your control protocol - SCCP vs. MGCP - and then configure it as a gateway in CUCM along with the typical baseline config you would use. Here’s a quick link assuming you want MGCP:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/42105-vg200-cfg.html

Thanks for reply. I went through this post, seems pretty old one.

It also state below, 

Caller ID does not work on FXO ports. This is because caller ID is not supported with FXO ports when configured for MGCP. Configure the gateway in H.323 mode instead”

Is this also applicable with VG350 as MGCP  in 2018 ?

Did you add a VIC3-FXO card to the VG350 EHWIC slots? This isn't a standard component of a VG350. If yes, then the article is correct should you require caller ID: the FXO card would need to use H.323 or SIP. That doesn't preclude you from using MGCP or SCCP for the FXS ports though.

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Aniket,

I am also going to configure VG 350, 320 and 310 with CUCM 11.5.

Please advise if you have done configure it and working proper. Please share me VG configuration of working Analog VG...

Thanks

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

I have wrote a very detailed guide to my team of how to configure VG using SCCP.

If you want, I can share it with you internally via PM.

Thank you so much for your support and quick response.. please share the guide with me..
Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Hi,

I am first time configure the vg 310.

Colud you please share me the vg 310 configuration.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Please see attached VG3XX configuration template using SCCP protocol and actual configuration of VG310.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi Slavik, 

Can you share with me your guide. Now I am configuring VG310 for polycom analog phones and fax. I connected to CUCM to vg310 with SCCP. and now i can not use conference feature, also second line on phones don't appear