Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VGW IOS to jump from BE5K to BE6K 9.1.X

Hi folks,

Here is my question. I've been told to perform a migration from BE5K that runs CUCM 6.X and CUC 2.X to a new BE6K... all good here. We have the new HW and I have migrated the config using BAT, import/export and manual config to the new platform where I am running CUCM 9.1.X and CUC 9.1.X.

The problem. Looks like nobody took a look a the GW (Cisco 3825) (runs both MGCP and H323) and of course it runs 12.4(24)T1 .. it has 64M of Flash and 256M of DRAM which means that I can't upgrade to the recommended 15.1(4)M3 or higher as per the CUCM 9 matrix...

My question... will it work with that IOS ? I know I can try it out but I would love to see if someone has run into that.

Thank you so much for your input.

5 Replies 5

cbrasolin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Joan,

the problem is that if you have some issue that require TAC support, the answer from the TAC will be as first step to upgrade the IOS. So your VG will work fine even with the ios 12.4(24)T1, but you will have to solve issues by yourself.

Check this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps259/product_data_sheet0900aecd8057f2e0.pdf

It show minum software version required for features.

I've done some upgrade from old versions 4.x to 8.x, and now to 9.x where VGW was installed with old IOS and i've never had problems. Before the upgrade i've spoken with the customers and clarified the aspect that in the case of problems the only way is to upgrade the IOS or buy new VGW.

Regards,

Christian

Thanks Christian!!

I will do so! So far I have a lab with CUCM9 and 2811 routers running 12.X versions and haven't had a problem! But I agree with you that the customer must be notified as the recomendation is using IOS 15.1.X or later

Thanks

Joan

syed.shameem1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joan,

As you've iOS 12 the only issue would be with Mgcp otherwise if you chose to keep it H.323 then you shouldn't have any issues and you'll be good to go..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi there. Could you be more specific on what problem would I face ? So far in the lab works.

I need MGCP.. not that I need but this is the configuration the customer has.

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

IOS 12.4(24)T1 will work with CUCM 9x, the 'recommended' IOS version is actually the latest IOS version available at the time of the test, testers will not test against previous IOS, but as a general rule CUCM is backwards compatible, so that IOS will be supported with the current features supported now.

But keep in mind that SW support ends next year for the 3825.

HTH

Christian Nuche

PDI HD Team.