cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video with CUPC 8 using desk phone

rquintavalle
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like the new CUPC 8 allows video with the deskphone as the controlled device unlike with 7.  My client detects my camera and I can choose it but when in a call the camera doesn't power on and under File -> Options -> Video selecting the "settings" button does not bring up the settings of the camera.  I have video capabilities enabled on my 7975 phone, my PC is windows XP, the camera is a Logitech notebook and I tired a much new Logitech camera too.  I tried this on a windows 7 box with the same set up and Video option is grayed out but I'm sure that's because of windows 7.

Is there another setting somewhen either at the phone level or on CUPS that I need to enable?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We're fighting the same battle. It works fine on Windows XP x86. When you read the release notes (as I just did not long ago) it says that Deskphone Video support is not supported on x64. If you are using x86 then i'm not sure. I have not tested my theory yet though except to test it on Windows XP x86.

This is due to the lack of CDP x64 support not CUPC. CDP and CAST are both required for video to work w/ the desk phone.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

We're fighting the same battle. It works fine on Windows XP x86. When you read the release notes (as I just did not long ago) it says that Deskphone Video support is not supported on x64. If you are using x86 then i'm not sure. I have not tested my theory yet though except to test it on Windows XP x86.

This is due to the lack of CDP x64 support not CUPC. CDP and CAST are both required for video to work w/ the desk phone.

Thanks, I had a feeling it was a x64 bit thing.  I had similar issue when I was testing CUVA awhile back.  I actually got it to work on my XP box.  I was running 8.0.142 then saw there was 8.0.153 out which fixed that issue.  I even tested it with some 9971 phones w/ camera and the video works great both ways.  Thanks for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: