cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ViewMail 8.5.6 Playback Issues to Phone in Outlook 2010

dstelzer
Level 1
Level 1

I get the attached error when trying to do a playback to the phone.

Here is our setup:

Outlook 2010

Exchange 2007

Unity 7.x

I did install the VMWS and it does everything except actually play the voicemail. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time

-Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dave,

This issue is currently under investigation with several other customers as well.  If you'd like to open a TAC case, logging can be collected from your environment (client and server) to possibly aid in the process of tracking the issue down.

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dave,

This issue is currently under investigation with several other customers as well.  If you'd like to open a TAC case, logging can be collected from your environment (client and server) to possibly aid in the process of tracking the issue down.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Hi Guys,

Please download Viewmail 8.5.7 where above issue is resolved and its works fine with phone playback in Outlook 2010.

Here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283655826&catid=278875240&softwareid=282074348&release=VMO%208.5%287%29&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=latest

This did not help for me.

I have the same setup as the original poster.

Exchange 2010

Outlook 2010

Unity 7.0(2) (not unity connection, but regular unity)

CallManager 7.0.2.20000-5

I have ViewMail 8.5.7.28 installed. Under account settings the voicemail server status says “cannot connect” and I get the same error message as the original poster when I try to playback to the phone.

David -

Did you find a resolution to this issue?

Our call manager is 7.1.3.2 and were using Exchange 2007, but having

the same exact issue as you.

No, I have not ound a solution yet. Although, I have not tried the 8.6.5 version the Fred mentioned was released last month.

I am running the 8.6.5 version and having the same issue. Have used IP and FQN both with no success.

Fred Hunt
Level 1
Level 1

Have you had an resolution on this?  I've been working with TAC on this for six months and the problem still isn't corrected.  Bug CSCtq38536 is for this issue and it has been in Release-Pending status for several months.  I'm frustrated by Cisco's slow response and I'm hoping someone has received resolution on this by now.

Thanks

Fred

No resolution to this of course. I had opened another case as not all of the criteria matched, but most of it did. I believe it was last month and they said a few months yet so who knows. Tell me about it, this is the only thing preventing deployment of Office 2010. I know they want you to go to the Unity Connection, but seriously, if you're going to still support a product, make sure everything works.

Indeed, we hit other problems with playback via viewmail and even though we have installed the latest clients on the desktops the 'intermittent' playback issue is still there.  Cisco developers are looking into this issue and hopefully they will come back with some resolution, don't know when.

The problem is intermittent here, as well.  It used to work consistently for me, but not for other users.  Now it works very infrequently for me, but nothing has changed in the configuration.

For what it's worth, ViewMail 8.6.5 was released in December and still has the same bug.  Pretty disappointing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: