Views
Helpful
Replies

ViewMail 8.5.7 / Outlook 2010 / Unity 7.x

Mark H
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We're looking at using ViewMail 8.5.7 with Outlook 2010 clients for Unity 7.x and we have the VMWS component successfully installed and running.

Can the ViewMail client use integrated authentication, instead of the user having to enter their password in the settings? If not, what seems to be the best practice to manage it.

Having users go in to the ViewMail settings and changing their password manually every time they change their password isn't quite feasible.

Cheers,

Mark

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with you but it's not possible yet. I have heard rumors that some SSO products are capable of forcing the updated value locally but I have not seen this first-hand. My suggestion is to throw a tantrum to your Cisco AM so they attach your name to the enhancement request for this.

View solution in original post

Hi Mark,

No, this isn't possible with UC 8 either at this point.  Jon is correct, you'll want to look to your account team for some leverage.

Brad

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with you but it's not possible yet. I have heard rumors that some SSO products are capable of forcing the updated value locally but I have not seen this first-hand. My suggestion is to throw a tantrum to your Cisco AM so they attach your name to the enhancement request for this.

Thanks Jonathan.

Do you know if it's possible with Unity Connection 8?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

No, this isn't possible with UC 8 either at this point.  Jon is correct, you'll want to look to your account team for some leverage.

Brad

Thanks Brad and Jon.

Time to bug our account team. Using Exchange for voicemail looks even more attractive now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: