cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewmail and outlook 2010 - no icon?

sketterman
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed viewmail 8.6.4 in Outlook 2010, using Unity 7.x on the backend.  Everything is working OK, but i noticed that there is no distinguishing icon for voicemails messages anymore.  There is just an envelope that looks like every other email message.  I read in the docs that it is supposed to be marked with the "blue" category(?) but it doesn't seem to be doing that either.  Is there something I am missing or is the by design.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There is no icon anymore in the 8.5(x)+ versions.  The categorization should be happening though as long as the voice messages still retain the IPM.Note.Custom.Cisco.Unity.Voice message class (which is a column that can be added in Outlook's viewing pane to confirm it's not being changed).

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There is no icon anymore in the 8.5(x)+ versions.  The categorization should be happening though as long as the voice messages still retain the IPM.Note.Custom.Cisco.Unity.Voice message class (which is a column that can be added in Outlook's viewing pane to confirm it's not being changed).

Hope that helps,

Brad

sketterman
Level 1
Level 1

That is exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks!

sketterman
Level 1
Level 1

I just looked at the message class in for my voicemails and they are still being tagged as IPM.Note.Voice.Unity not

IPM.Note.Custom.Cisco.Unity.Voice

Ah, I automatically assumed you were running Unity Connection.  The IPM.Note.Voice.Unity is Unity's message class, UC's is the IPM.Note.Custom.Cisco.Unity.Voice I was referring to.  Either way, you should have the Categories column in Outlook that allows you to assign a color to the little square lable.  You may need to add the column view manually if you don't see it.

I guess I am bit confused.  I thought the viewmail client was going to assign this "purple" category automatically.

Here is what i am seeing after a clean install

Interesting, I tried VMO 8.6(4) in the lab with OL2010 with a Unity server and a UC server.  The Unity integration doesn't categorize while the UC integration does.  Do you by chance happen to have a UC server in your environment to confirm this behavior as well?  Also, can you show me the documentation that states the categorization behavior?  This could be working as expected, and if so, documentation needs to be clarified.

UC:

Unity:

No I dont have a UC setup right now.  The only thing mentioning the categorization is the user quick start FAQ.

Q. I get voice messages in the same Inbox as my email. How do I tell which messages are voice messages?

A. The color category called "ViewMail" is assigned to voice messages. By default, the ViewMail category is marked with a blue square, which displays in the Categories column. (To add the Categories column to your Inbox, see Outlook Help.)

Thanks for your help with this.

I submitted a new bug for this, it won't be made public until development reviews it, but here it is:

CSCts73952    VMO 8.5/8.6 - Auto Categorization Doesn't Work for Unity Integrations

It's always possible documentation is incorrect and that it was never designed to work with Unity, but the future will tell.

Brad

Development has stated that autocategorization is only applicable to VMO integrations with Unity Connection, not Unity.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Helps a lot.  Thanks for you help researching this.

Thanks

Dave