ananddiwakar
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 4.2(3)sr4a

Unity 4.0(5)

Viewmail 4.0(4)

Exchange2003

Outlook 2003/2007

I am facing issue with viewmail after some extensions were changed.

Initially, the extensions were in the range 2XXXX.  VM from phone and viewmail was working properly.  Messages could be accessed from phone or PC using viewmail.

For a block of extensions, numbers were chnaged from 2XXXX to 6XXXX.  After this chnage viewmail cannot play message on phone.

Confiemed that VM can be left for 6XXXX number.  VM can be accessed and listened to from 6XXXX phone.  E-mail comes into the inbox.  If play button is clicked, it either starts playing on PC (eventhough preferred option is configured as phone) or gives error "The specified phone number does not answer".

If any 2XXXX extension is configured, it works smooth and VM can be directed to phone.

Is there any place where extension routing is requried to be configured in Unity.  Or am I missing something obvious

Best Regards,
Anand

3 Replies 3

A.M.Mahesh Babu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you change the preferred phone no to 6XXX in Viewmail media bar  options and check?

I guess its still having the numbers of 2XXX in the phone number option ,thats the reason it plays fine when there are some 2XXX phone configured

Dear Mahesh,

Thanks for your help.

I have changed extension in viewmail to 6XXXX. But it does not ring on the phone

Best Regards,

Anand

Hi Anand,

You may want to review the following document that explains how to collect VMO client logs: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14203

Collect the logs for a working vs. non-working scenario and see where the problem breaks down for you.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: