Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewmail error -- Citrix -- starting up Outlook hangs

craigp
Level 4
Level 4

Had it working okay on a W2K/Metaframe XP

server using Outlook 2003. Just setup a 2003 server with Presentation Server 4.0 and Office 2003. When loading Outlook it just hangs. Kill it and start again and it indicates it had issues loading tfxext32.dll. If you disable it, Outlook starts just fine and you can indeed play messages within the environment. However, the Viewmail menu options are missing as the plugin is disabled.

If we enable the plugin and start Outlook again it hangs.

Have tried VM versions 4.0.4 and 4.0.5

Anyone else run into this? Any solution.

The server is a HP Proliant DL380 -- not sure if that matters.

15 Replies 15

We just rebuilt a client's citrix farm to cps 4.5 on server 03. My unity is still at 4.0(3) and I am still using VMO 4.2.1 (need to get some upgrades scheduled). Here is what I can share:

The older hp thin clients with ica 8.x on them work fine as is when launching Outlook 03 and the VMO metioned above.

The newer hp thin clients will only work with the local audio mapping diabled (has to be done at the client). This only allows you the option to play back through the phone. On the LAN this is ideal.

We have not made a decision as to the remote users with ica on a laptop. The ica 8.x client has security issues...

Has anyone tried VMO 4.2.2 or 5.0.1? I am going to test 4.2.2 but cannot touch 5.0.1 without upgrading unity.

HTH / LMK,

Mike