Views
Helpful
Replies

Visio conference firmware 9.6.1

ibrekalo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
we did an FW upgrade on endpoints compatible with CE 9.6.1 (SX20, SX80, DX80, SX10 etc.) and that worked fine. With new FW all users can easily click 'Factory reset' - just choosing Settings -> Factory Reset, this is not secure (or good) option, for us. We tried to restrict the access to 'Settings' on the phone, but there is no option to do that using BAT with CUCM 11.5 (or are we missing something?) I am talking about 1000+ endpoints.

According to this document:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/11_5_1/CUCM_BK_B4FA1139_00_bulk-administration-guide_1151/CUCM_BK_B4FA1139_00_bulk-administration-guide_1151_chapter_0111.html
This option is available via 'Setting Access', but it can't be found on CUCM 11.5.1.
My question is:
Can this option be disabled or can we restrict access to 'settings' and deploy it to all endpoints, if so, how?
Thanks for any useful advise/help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Please see the release notes (under " CUCM provisioning of the admin settings lockdown
configuration ")

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce9/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce9.pdf

Note that your CUCM may require the latest device pack in order to expose the new fields for this
configuration.

So i will suggest to upgrade the latest device pack and then try again.

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Please see the release notes (under " CUCM provisioning of the admin settings lockdown
configuration ")

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce9/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce9.pdf

Note that your CUCM may require the latest device pack in order to expose the new fields for this
configuration.

So i will suggest to upgrade the latest device pack and then try again.

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Thanks Anurag. That really was helpful. I will add following if someone runs on similar issue.

The settings menu can now be locked down on all the endpoints using bulk configuration through CUCM.
Note that your CUCM may require the latest device pack in order to expose the new fields for this configuration.

However, I have managed to find 'Setting Access', on older CUCM versions, but it depends on Phone type.

Select following:
Bulk Administration -> Phones -> Update Phones -> Query
Select 'Device Type' than choose 'contains' and enter '9951' - click 'next' (I used 9951 just as an example)
Under: Product Specific Configuration Layout -> Setting Access -> select Disable

I am suggesting search by Device Type, because if you select different type of endpoints and, there is no option for 'Setting Access', for any of the registered endpoint, you will not have 'Setting Access' option.

I hope this helps.