Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMO 8.5.6 and Unity 7

Anyone had luck with VMO 8.5.6, running in Outlook 2010, connecting to a Unity 7.x server?  The initializer routine complains that it cannot find the Unity server, although all of the settings are correct.

5 Replies 5

mr_pfuller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Also having the same problem, Have tried FQDN, NETBIOS, IP Address each time its "Unable to find voivemail server".

VMO 8.5.6

Outlook 2010

Unity 7.02

Any help would be great.

Thanks

We are looking in to this and will update this thread tomorrow with status.

Thanks,

Ryan

rybloom
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One very important thing that needs to be checked...

Is the VMWS Web Service installed, configured properly, and running?  Unity 7 does not install the VMWS Web Service by default; Unity 8 doe have this installled and enabled.  From experience, this has been the primary reason that VMO 8.5.x would not talk to Unity 7.  This is documented in the new VMO documentation.

Please let me know if that resolves the access issue.

Thanks,

Ryan

Regarding the VMWS piece of this, is this something easy to add to a existing Unity 7.x install? I've found a few cisco docs on configuring it but none yet that covers how to install VMWS on an existing server.

Do I need to respin the whole Unity media and choose all options including visual voicemail? We just need this for VMO use, not Visual Voicemail.

Thanks

Nevermind, found the VMWS 7.02 file, it is cisco.com unity download page.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: