cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMO 8.5(7) and Unity 7.02 phone playback

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Anyone know if there is workaround to issue/bug with phone playback bug below?

Just installed the VMWS patch on Unty 7.02 ES40 server and rebooted, checked DCOM VMO settings (other cisco doc) and when we playback over phone the phone rings then we get window saying it did not work with a TRAP_E_UNKNOWN error. The bug below is what we are running into.

So they just release this recently and it don't work?

CSCtq38536 Bug Details

VMO 8.5(6) w/ Unity TRaP to phone fails.
Symptom:

When users attempt to perform TRaP playback to phone for voice messages in their Exchange mailbox by using Outlook 2010 and ViewMail 8.5(6), they encounter an error of type:

Recording or playback failed: Unknown error occurred, AudioEventId= TRAP_E_UNKNOWN. Contact your system administrator.

This correlates with the following log file entry from the VMO 8.5 logs:

"2011-04-20 11:36:59.3609 INFO: OUTLOOK 1252 5 VMOLibrary.TRaP.Unity7TrapImpl.ProcessTypicalTransaction Got VMWS Fault: E_VMWS_MSG_INVALID_MESSAGE_ID"

Conditions:

ViewMail for Outlook plug-in version 8.5(6) is the first version of VMO 8.5(x) which supports TRaP playback to phone. Seen with Exchange versions 2003 and 2010 so far. Seen with Unity version 7.0(2) so far.

Workaround:

19 Replies 19

rybloom
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A few clarifications are needed... 

Is this Unity or Unity Connection?  Does playback (local PC speakers) work properly?  Is this a SIB (single inbox / UM) deployment?  Are they accessing a mailbox through Outlook delegated access (a mailbox that is not their own)?

Thanks,

Ryan

Regular Unity 7.02 (not Connections) Unified with Exchange.... playback on PC speakers works fine. This is their mailbox. Older viewmail on other pc with outlook 2003 works fine for phone playback, just trying to get new VMO and phone playback working on outlook 2010 since client is upgrading their desktops.

jpattishall
Level 1
Level 1

Have you found a resolution to this? I am having the same issue and trying to resolve before a VMO rollout in our citrix environment.

Not yet. It's a open bug as far as I know, I've opened a TAC Case to try to get a ETA of a fix or workaround and have my case associated to the bug. Cisco looked over my setup and everything is fine and were matching this bug they say also. So just waiting at the moment.

Jason Lunde
Level 1
Level 1

Had the same problem...running 7.0.2...tried setting my server to a Unity 8.0 in my viewmail settings in outlook and it worked.  Try it out and see if it does the same for you.

Jason

Thanks, Unity 8 option fixed it for us to.

AWESOME!!!  That worked!!  My boss, the IT Director has been busting my chops for months since he upgraded to 2010 and no VMO.  Thanks for the post!!!  I didn't nor would I have thought to try that.

We have just run into this issue, same setup as above and the set it as version 8.x does not work. Anyone any suggestions please?

With Unity 7.x you need to make sure Voicemail Web Services (VMWS) are installed and running on the Unity server.  This service is the API that is required for VMO 8.5(7) to interop with the Unity server.

Let me know if that fixes your problem.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan

Hi, Thanks for that but i have done that bit. Before I did that the error I was getting was that there was no server available. Playback via the phone worked once for myself but never for my collague and now neither of is can get it to work.

Thanks again

Tim

Tim,

The fact it worked once but now does not is very odd.  Have you looked at the CSA logs to make sure it didn't start blocking?  Additionally, Antivirus - make sure no port blocking rules are effecting it.  Within IIS are the sites acitve?  If you use the older Unity VMO package is it still able to connect?

Thanks,

Ryan

Has anyone found a solution to this?  I opened an SR on this earlier this year and was advised to wait for a future release since the bug indicated this was fixed in "Release-Pending".  ViewMail 8.6.4 was released and the bug still says fixed in "Release-Pending".  This issue is still occurring with 8.6.4.

I am now having this error intermintenlty on a few PCs with Outlook 2010 and VMO 8.6.6 now (32 bit and 64 bit). You hit play on the message and it works, then play another message or same message again and will get the TRAP unknown error dialog.

From the log file,

2012-04-16 12:31:53.7081 DEBUG: OUTLOOK 6764  1 VMOLibrary.Utils.LanguageUtils.Show Showing dialog box: text=Recording or playback failed: Unknown error occurred, AudioEventId = TRAP_E_UNKNOWN. Contact your system administrator. caption=Cisco ViewMail for Microsoft Outlook buttons=OK

It's funny that it works sometimes and not other times. Sometimes the user needs to hit play 3-4 times for it to work.

Any ideas? I see bug id CSCtq38536 is still in release-pending state unless this is something else.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any updates to my TAC SR on this for over a month.  I'm not sure what the hold up is on Cisco's end, but it sure is frustrating that I try each new version of ViewMail when they come out and the continue to have this defect.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: