Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMWare 6.5 OVA deployment options

When I try to deploy my OVA for CUCM, CUC or IMP it goes through and works however it doens't ask me what deployment size I want to use.  It just seems to pick one.  Any time I have deployed using vSphere I never had this issue but using VMWare 6.5 web gui I get no options. 

21 Replies 21

Hi Aman,

You don't need new license key for this upgrade.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

This is how I upgraded mine:

Using the offline bundle works similar in the way of the command line but saves you from having to download the upgrade bits for each VMware ESXi host. Great when you have more than just a couple hosts or limited bandwidth.

1. Download the ESXi 6.5 Update 2 offline bundle zip file.

ESXi 6.5 Update 1 offline bundle update

1. Upload the update-from-esxi6.5-6.5_update01.zip file to a datastore accessible by the host.

ESXi 6.5 Update 1 datastore browser

1. Now place the host you want to upgrade into Maintenance Mode.
  2. SSH into your host using PuTTY or other client/terminal.
  3. Type the following command, replace “DATASTORE” with the name of your datastore you uploaded the update-from-esxi6.5-6.5_update01.zip file to.
    esxcli software vib update -d /vmfs/volumes/DATASTORE/update-from-esxi6.5-6.5_update01.zip
  4. Once the above completes reboot your host by typing:
    reboot
Thanks,
Justin Ferello

This Works! 

used firefox! 

Walter Maciola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

just as a quick note:

Even if you use ESXi 6.5.2 you cant create the machine with Google Chrome. So check different browsers as well...

Best regards

Walter

i had the same issue. i was on esxi 6.7 using webclient with Chrome browser. i was not getting the option to select the size.

i then used firefox and the options were there.

Oswaldo Torres
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running VMware-ESXi-6.7.0-9484548-Custom-Cisco-6.7.0.2, and for my was de explorer... it does not work with Chrome, it does work with Edge...

davidpatton
Level 4
Level 4

Using Chrome is the main issue. Using Firefox or IE made the difference for me. I can't upgrade ESXi without major change control.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: