Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMWare 6.5 OVA deployment options

When I try to deploy my OVA for CUCM, CUC or IMP it goes through and works however it doens't ask me what deployment size I want to use.  It just seems to pick one.  Any time I have deployed using vSphere I never had this issue but using VMWare 6.5 web gui I get no options. 

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Cameron,

After u deploy OVA, you can right click on Edit Settings .

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

I think we are running into this bug CSCvg85803

Symptom:
CUCM OVA templates encounter issue when deploying on ESXi 6.5 embedded host client, where deployment option drop-down menu is no longer present.

Deployment sizing defaults to 7500 users, with no option to select an alternate deployment size (e.g. 1000 users).

Conditions:
OVA deployment performed on VMWare ESXi 6.5 managed via embedded host client application.

Workaround:
When host is managed through vCenter, option to select number of users for deployment is present and can be used to toggle deployment sizing.

If you try with ESXi 6.5.2.1 the deployment options must be appear:

Sin título.png

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If you face similar issue, try upgrading from ESXi 6.5.0U1 to 6.5.0U2. The upgrade resolved my issue.

Even after upgrade to ESXi 6.5.0U2, if you do not see the OVA options then try changing the web browser.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

21 Replies 21

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Cameron,

You can click on Create/Register VM and you would get the option of "Select Creation Type" which  would have three options

a. Create an ew Virtual Machine

b. Deploy a Virtual Machine from an OVF or OVA file

c. Register an existing virtual Machine

you can select "b" option.Attached is the snapshot

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I was using those steps you listed but when you step through the deployment of the OVA it never asks the size of deployment.

Hi Cameron,

After u deploy OVA, you can right click on Edit Settings .

regds,

aman

hi did you find an answer to your question?  we are not supposed to edit the size for hard drive after ova deployed. it will create partition alignment issue.  so I am not sure what else to do.  pls help.

vijay

Never got a good resolution.  Ended up having to deploy then manually updating the hardware after.

I think we are running into this bug CSCvg85803

Symptom:
CUCM OVA templates encounter issue when deploying on ESXi 6.5 embedded host client, where deployment option drop-down menu is no longer present.

Deployment sizing defaults to 7500 users, with no option to select an alternate deployment size (e.g. 1000 users).

Conditions:
OVA deployment performed on VMWare ESXi 6.5 managed via embedded host client application.

Workaround:
When host is managed through vCenter, option to select number of users for deployment is present and can be used to toggle deployment sizing.

Yep this is defiantly the correct bug report.

If you try with ESXi 6.5.2.1 the deployment options must be appear:

Sin título.png

The bug really needs updating to offer the upgrade to 6.5.2.1 as a workaround.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If you face similar issue, try upgrading from ESXi 6.5.0U1 to 6.5.0U2. The upgrade resolved my issue.

Even after upgrade to ESXi 6.5.0U2, if you do not see the OVA options then try changing the web browser.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi Vijanath,

Please can you share your ESXi 6.5.0U1 to 6.5.0U2 upgrade procedure. If possible from very basic and step by step. I'm not a VMware guy and currently staging BE6K to deploy CUCM etc for a customer.

Regards,
K

Hi Aman,

Thanks for the quick response. Is this applicable for BE6K's too or just spec based UCS servers ? Also upgrading the ESXi 6.5.0 u1 to ESXi 6.5.0 u2 will break any VM licenses for BE6K ?

Regards,
K

Hi,

Regarding the licenses since it is minor upgrade. So, won't be requiring any fresh licenses.

the procedure would be same.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: