Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Class Sip Profile Issue in IOS 15.7

EdwardRJZTS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Tech community!

I have this interesting issue with SIP Profile and yes I’m new to SIP Profiles I'm trying to learn more about it, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

The task at hand:

Attempting to prefix known 3 digit site code to 4 digit extension in Remote-Party-ID so that Called-id would display 7 digits site code XXX extension XXXX.

Used Sip Profile tester to verify profile the output shows as desired.

voice class sip-profiles 10
response 180 sip-header Remote-Party-ID modify "sip:(....)@" "sip:699\1@"
response 200 sip-header Remote-Party-ID modify "sip:(....)@" "sip:699\1@"

But when entering into actual IOS 15.7(3)M3 router.

The IOS adjusting it as "sip:6991@" in replacing section statement in the profile.

then Called ID becomes 6991.

The questions it is a defect on 15.7.3 IOS code?

If it is I could not find it in release notes regarding defect.

Also is there another alternative Regex syntax simpler than this that I can try out?

Regards
EJ

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That looks valid. Release Notes typically only list defects known at the time the doc team was updating content for a given release, assuming the doc team bothered to run a search at all. The formal Bug Toolkit is your best route but even that's incomplete unless you're a Cisco employee; the defect has to be marked Customer Visible to be included in search results. I just looked and do not see an obvious hit in that release.

Here's a known-working example for comparison:

voice class sip-profiles 10
response ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "P-Asserted-Identity:(.*)<sip:([2-9]..[2-9]......)@(.*)" "P-Asserted-Identity:\1<sip:+1\2@\3"
response ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "P-Asserted-Identity:(.*)<sip:(1[2-9]..[2-9]......)@(.*)" "P-Asserted-Identity:\1<sip:+\2@\3"
response ANY sip-header P-Asserted-Identity modify "P-Asserted-Identity:(.*)<sip:011([0-9]+)@(.*)" "P-Asserted-Identity:\1<sip:+\2@\3"

That happens to be matching the full header but it isn't required. Your use of character groups looks ok.

If all you want to do is modify the calling, not connected, party information you can use a voice translation rule and profile instead.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/61083-voice-transla-rules.html

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 1 /^....$/ /699\0/
voice translation-profile PREFIX-SITECODE
 translate calling 1

Thanks for quick response.
It is definitely some sort of defect on 15.7

Even voice translation rule that you mentioned getting error. But in 15.4
taking it like charm.

Will hold off on IOS 15.7 obviously something going on with that code all
do it is suggested MD.

Regards
EJ
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: