Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice DR test question

rafael alpizar
Level 1
Level 1

I hope I am posting this in the correct location

So in about 30 days we are doing a DR test cutting our main site from our MPLS home of our pub and a sub for phones, voicemail and IMnP. I will be adding subs at one of our remote sites.  so phones will be able to register at the remote location subscriber, my question is if my gateway for my phones is "down" at my main site for this "DR test" what are my options for allowing users at my main site to make in/out bound calling?

I have been going over this in my head and don't think I have any options would like to know if anyone else out there has been in this scenario?  and what they have done to make it work?  if possible?

all my sites are H323 gateways,  I am not a voice guru so be nice...

any info you can direct me would be great.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

rafael alpizar
Level 1
Level 1

I might have answered my own question... the main site would just be on a island till my MPLS comes backup.  as long as I am not having issues with my voice gateway or telco, users in my main site should still be able to make in/out bound calls.  just inter office extension calling would not work to or from my main site.  the remote locations would just register to the subscriber at the remote office should still function like normal...

Hello Rafael,

Expecting that you only have one path to reach Remote site from Main site without any backup link in place.

Phone registration :-

Create two CM group

1- For Main site which will have Local Pub/Sub node as Primary so that all the phones located at the site will get register with the node at Main site.

2- For Remote site which must have remote node Pub/Sub as primary node and all the phone should be registered locally.

Use same thing for the gateways.

When you shutdown your MPLS inter site communication will be stopped and phone will be able to dial the numbers going out through the local gateways.

This is correct that you answered your own question :)

Thanks

Vikram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: