Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail in CME

Douglas Pereira
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I heve a Voice Mail for CCME, but i cannot configure this.

He need a user JTAPI, but i don?t know where i configure this user.

Thaks.

Douglascp

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have Unity Express module or a Unity server?

The link below gives the configuration for CCME/CUE.

Cisco CallManager Express 3.0 and Later Integration with Cisco Unity Express

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/prod_installation_guide09186a008059fb5f.html

The following link is for integrating CCME with Unity.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_configuration_guide09186a00801c4185.html

The scenario that requires JTAPI is configuring Callmanager with Unity Express. If you have Callmanager Express, JTAPI is not required.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

I dont know about the above poster, but I have a AIM CUE module and CME 4.0.3. When I try running the Initialization wizard the first time in CUE 3.0.1, it asks for CCM IP and the JTAPI user and they are mandatory. Why does my CUE think I have a CCM, not CME? I seem to have connectivity between the two and CME seems to be running fine.

There are different license files for CCM and CME. Sounds like you have installed the CCM license.

Brandon

cue-vm-license_12mbx_cme_3.0.1.pkg

cue-vm-license_25mbx_cme_3.0.1.pkg

These were the two files I had in the tftp folder when installing CUE. When I do a show software licenses in CUE it tells me it is in CCM mode. Is there a way to get out of CCM mode without reinstalling? Also, if I have the CME license files, is there something else that could have gotten me in CCM mode? Below are the files that were in tftp folder during install:

cue-installer.nm-aim.3.0.1

cue-vm.nm-aim.3.0.1.pkg

cue-vm-en_US-langpack.nm-aim.3.0.1.prt1

cue-vm-full.nm-aim.3.0.1.prt1

cue-vm-installer.nm-aim.3.0.1.prt1

cue-vm-langpack.nm-aim.3.0.1.pkg

cue-vm-license_12mbx_cme_3.0.1.pkg

cue-vm-license_25mbx_cme_3.0.1.pkg

The application mode is determined entirely by the license file used. I'm not sure how this would happen unless the license files were named CME, but were actually the CCM files. That seems unlikely. The only was to switch from CCM to CME mode is to reinstall.

Brandon

You don't need to re-install CUE. All you need to do is log into CCO and go to the CUE software. On that page you will see the mailbox license files. Some will be for CCM and others will be for CME. For example

This would be for callmanager

cue-vm-license_50mbx_ccm_2.3.4.pkg

This would be for CME

cue-vm-license_50mbx_cme_2.3.3.pkg

All you need to do is get the CME license and run the following command

se-172-16-0-0# software install clean url

ftp://ftp_server_ip_address/path/Cisco-Unity-Express-license-package-filename username

username password password

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/install/upg_lic.html

My mistake. You are correct. This can be done before the initialization wizard has been run. After the wizard has been run, it requires a reinstall.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: