cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice mail port utilization reports on Subscriber?

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

We have a cluster configured (UC 8.5.1) and the incoming calls come into the subscriber, with the MWI and outcalling on the PUB.  When we run the voice mail utilization reports found in the UC Serviceability webpage on the subscriber, it shows no incoming calls recorded, only outgoing.   I can see the incoming calls/ ports in use in RTMT, as well as the port status monitor but need to understand how we can capture this in a report.   Any suggestions / recommendations?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Have you tried this great tool from Unity Tools

Port Usage Analyzer for Connection

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortUsageAnalyzer/Help/PortUsageAnalyzer.htm

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

Doesn't sound like a bug - and if it was, it was never reported by anyone...

The tool will only let you select a date range that encompases report data found on the target Connection server - if there's no data earlier than a certain time it wont let you select it.  If the calendar control wasn't going back further, dimes to dollars if you open the report database on Connection you won't find data any earlier than that either.

Vast majority of the reports of "bugs" with this tool have to do with missing or incomplete data on the server itself (i.e. classic failover/failback scenario - the data for reports is not synched between pub and sub for you so there will be "holes" here that are laid at the feet of my tool). 

If you're seeing something odd then by all means report it but the troubleshooting on this one normally starts with a peek at the reporting database tables first...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Have you tried this great tool from Unity Tools

Port Usage Analyzer for Connection

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortUsageAnalyzer/Help/PortUsageAnalyzer.htm

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob for the reminder, I have used this tool so many times over the years with Unity.  I have been away from this for a while but didnt even think to check back at ciscounitytools.com.

Last time I loaded this I think there was a bug, the calendar would go no further than Nov '11, will check to see if that has been resolved.

Thanks Again!

Doesn't sound like a bug - and if it was, it was never reported by anyone...

The tool will only let you select a date range that encompases report data found on the target Connection server - if there's no data earlier than a certain time it wont let you select it.  If the calendar control wasn't going back further, dimes to dollars if you open the report database on Connection you won't find data any earlier than that either.

Vast majority of the reports of "bugs" with this tool have to do with missing or incomplete data on the server itself (i.e. classic failover/failback scenario - the data for reports is not synched between pub and sub for you so there will be "holes" here that are laid at the feet of my tool). 

If you're seeing something odd then by all means report it but the troubleshooting on this one normally starts with a peek at the reporting database tables first...

So should we be able to capture the data of incoming calls on the subscriber?  The Publisher is the primary server, but we use the subscriber (per design) for incoming calls.  We need to capture a report showing the incoming calls per integration/switch.  We have the database proxy service started and have followed the install instructions, but when we launch the port analyzer tool, the calendar shows Nov 2011 and will not let us advance to the current date.  (see screenshot).  Is there something else we need to have enabled in order to pull reports from the subscriber?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Folks,

I thought this was a great opportunity to have a look at our Port usage

again as well, so I fired up the tool and BAM sure enough our Sub only shows

calls up to May 1st of this year. Like Jeff correctly predicted the report database

only includes call data to that date. Right on the money as usual

My old brain can't remember back to May 1,2012 as to what may have happened

on that date. I'm curious if there is a service like perhaps the Reports Data Harvester

that needs a kick-start to get this going again?

Cheers!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that I stopped/started the

Reports Data Harvester Service and my new data is now being

populated correctly and the tool can be run with new dates

that occur since the restart

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: