Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Translation Rules

abdullahhashim
Level 1
Level 1

Please can you help me to make a good Translation rule in my issue

Office A has extension : 15..     (1570,1571,1572....) in Mainz external telefon is 06131 74....

Office B  Has extension : 25..   (2501,2502,2505,....) in Frankfurt  external telefon is 069 69....

connection between A and B over Wan and PSTN

for the dial Peer over Wan i don't have any Problem

but  I need to make a Translation Rules that if the Office A need to make Phone make that from Frankfurt PSTN not from Mainz

Mean all Phone go to Frankfurt any customer should see only frankfurt number or office B not A (TEHO) system

office A should use the Mainz PSTN if WAN has failed

all telefon should from A to B over WAN

can you please help me

thank you

3 Replies 3

rcastillo
Level 1
Level 1

This may be a good solution.  Can you setup floating extensions in Call Manager and then point them to your translation rule for the remote location?

Also, you may need to amend your dialplan instead of a translation rule.

Are you transcoding the PSTN in Frankfurt and sending H323 or SIP back to Mainz?  Once you do this you can setup a "floating DN" to point to your translation rule for interoffice dialing and also use the additional H323, or SIP trunk in Mainz to send calls out of the local PSTN in Frankfurt.  Setup your dialplan to use this "SIP trunk" if it sees "069 69" in the dialstring.

thank you Robert am use CME 8.5 with H.323 Signaling

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: