cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail for hunt group

Ess Emque
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I need some help to set up a voice mailbox for our huntgroup. There is one hunt group with 3 users, and the users has a mailbox each, but also want to make one voice mailbox for the hunt pilot number but unfortunately I have never done this before.

If I can make a new voicemail user with same number as the hunt number (1500), then forward the no answer hunt group to voicemail, will this work for shared mailbox?

Also, can I let the members of the group listen to this voicemail, and will MWI be able to work?

We are using CUCM and Unity Connection version 9.

Thank you for your help

3 Replies 3

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Yes it possible. In the hunt pilot configuration, there are setting where you can forward the call if noone answers in X secs. In the destination, you put in the VM pilot number and also create a mailbox with Hunt pilot's extension. On this mailbox, if you set alternate MWI to the hunt group members extension, you will be able to get MWI for the users. To listen to it, you will have to create a number which points to the "Subscriber sign-in" conversation and when the dial this number, they will be prompted to enter the ID, which will be the VM pilot and then the PIN that you set. You can also look at Dispatch messages to attain this behaviour. 

Please rate useful posts.

Danny Morris
Level 1
Level 1

I would do the following:

1. Create a new Directory Number (Not the same as the Hunt Pilot) then set it to forward immediately to voice mail.

2. Add the new Directory Number into the Line Group as the last member.

3. Add the new Directory Number to the other phones in the Hunt Group. This will allow the MWI to turn on when the additional extension has a VM. This tends to cause confusion sometimes because people still try to check the primary extension's VM and they get upset when they hear they do not have any messages. 

Please note that this will only work for a Top Down distribution algorithm in the Line Group

Call forward settings are ignored when a call arrives via a HP, your suggestion will fail to achieve what he's asking. That new DN will ring, and no forwarding will be done.

What he proposes

"If I can make a new voicemail user with same number as the hunt number (1500), then forward the no answer hunt group to voicemail, will this work for shared mailbox?"

Would do the trick

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate