cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Want forwarded calls from analog system to hear common message

airnorth
Level 1
Level 1

We are slowly converting from analog system to VoIP. Under the conversion, VoIP phones have a different prefix, but keep the same last four digits.

Analog = 223-xxxx

VoIP = 446-xxxx

Converted users have forwarded their 223 numbers to the 446 prefixes.  I now want to forward all 223 upgraded numbers to the same unity extension 446-1000 where they will receive a message that the prefix has changed from 223 to 446.

I have to keep a few 223 extensions forwarded to their 446 extensions where they can leave voicemail due to the 223 numbers being well known.

First we had a call handler to play the message and had it play for all forwarded 223 extensions using wild card for DID numbers..  That didn't let my few 223 exceptions leave voicemail at the 446 extension.

I then setup a voicemail with it's own number 446-1000.  Removed the wilcard from the call handler and disabled the call handler. Now Direct calls to 486-1000 number will play the message, but forwarded numbers receive the generic operator message.

Any suggestions?

1 Reply 1

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may have already tried this, but I think the Forwarded Routing Rules may work for you.

Good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: