Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx 3.0 major release for Android

brmiao
Level 1
Level 1

Very excited to share this one with everyone,

The WebEx Android team is pleased to share this with you all, WebEx 3.0 for Android devices is here!

About Cisco WebEx Meetings Android 3.0:
WebEx Meetings on the Android is a business collaboration application for Android devices that services WebEx Meetings, WebEx Meeting Center, and WebEx Meetings Server. 

New Features:

• 2-way video for smartphones with Android OS 4.0 or higher
  • 2-way video for more supported tablets, including the Nexus 10"
  • Training Center support for panelists and attendees, with Q&A
    View, start and join, Personal Conference Number (PCN) Support
  • WiFi Proxy Support (HTTP 1.1)
  • Battery life improvements

Yes, the much requested 2-way video is finally here with support for even more devices.  WebEx is also now packaged with training center support.  Do you use video as part of your collaboration experience on your Android device?  As an Android user myself I have to say I haven't yet, but I plan on incorporating it more considering how easy it is to use in WebEx now.

7 Replies 7

Anthony Neace
Level 1
Level 1

We have WebEx Meetings Server on-premise 800 user version. When will the Android be supported on this version

800 Simultaneous Users

1.1.1.107.A

Thanks

Tony Neace

Anthony Neace
Level 1
Level 1

When will Android Devices be supported on the CWMS platform

we have

800 Simultaneous Users

1.1.1.107.A

Thanks

Tony

Not today it is on the roadmap. maybe 2014 no commits I have seen.

Thanks

Srini

After checking in with the PM for this, yes Srinivasan is essentially correct.  No status for this on roadmap.  We can always update this if future commits come around.

How can the original post say that this release supports WebEx Meetings Server when it actually doesn't?

We are trying to connect with the Android client -which seems to have a corporate option- but it actually does not work.

Any feedback appreciated.

- Lee

I would like to see an answer to Lee's question too! Maybe someone from the BU can comment?

I think the Android support needs to become a priority.  Most of my clients are 50/50 iPhone/Droid. I can't sell CWMS until there is Droid support