cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What drives TDM to IPT?

mroyle
Level 4
Level 4

I know that most people on this site will undoubtedly be converts to, or even innovators within, IP telephony, unified communications, and perhaps collaboration. After all, we're collectively making progress every day to drive the future of the collaborative workspace.  However, there exists a large contingent of TDM-based PBX users in the world who are not yet on a network platform that will enable unified communications and collaboration. That said, I am interested in hearing your opinions on what the compelling drivers (technical and business) are for making the initial move from TDM-based voice systems to IP Telephony.

Thanks,

Mark.

4 Replies 4

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Mark,

One of the key things that our company has found is that it´s not IP telephony alone that´s worth the change, rather than building an entire new platform that can implement data, voice, wireless, surveillance, etc. The way alot of our customers have their setup today, they use 2 or maybe 3 different systems for these devices and/or equipment. We use the UC520 as a key deployment in our solutions and then tell our customers that they from now on can have 1 partner and vendor regardless if they have a data, voice wireless etc question or issue. It´s typically the customers with a old PBX that are ready and positiv to this solution. Hope this was relevant to your question.

Regards

Eivind

Hi Eivind,

Thanks for your prompt feedback. So, it sounds like network convergence is the driver you see.  For benefits, are lower operating costs, single vendor support, and the ability to grow system capabilities (into richer UC capabilities) the business benefits you promote - in this order of preference?

Take care,

Mark.

Mark,

Yes, that´s correct.

Regards

Eivind

Great. Thanks again Eivind. I appreciate your input.

Regards,

Mark.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: