cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What if I run out of CTI Ports for CER?

pblume
Level 1
Level 1

If I have CER and only have 5 CTI Ports configured to alert on-site personnel that an emergency call was made, what would happen if there were 6 simultaneous emergency calls made? Would the CER queue the 6th call and complete it to the appropriate on-site personnel when one of the CTI Ports is freed up or does it get a busy signal and just "drop" the call?

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

It will busy. You may configure "Call forwarding when busy" on the RP, so it can route to any destination you want.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

I understand that a CTI Route Point can be configured with Call Forwarding. So if somebody dials 911 and the CER is down, you can forward the 911 call somewhere else.

However, what about the CTI Port that is configured so that the CER can call the on-site emergency personell when a user dials 911. If I only configure 2 CTI Ports and they are already being used (because 2 people already dialed 911), what would happen if a 3rd person dialed 911. Would the CER queue the call to the 3rd on-site person and call when one of the CTI Ports is freed up or would that call to the 3rd on-site person not get made?

Thanks

When you called the RP, the call was actually being routed to the CTI port. When there's no available CTI ports, the RP will ring busy. In this case, the "Call Forward when Busy" would take effect.

Hope that answered your question.

Michael

Why not simply add more cti ports? They cost nothing.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: