Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the result if I change the config on Subs

Chen Wang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Now we are running on cucm release 7.1.5.

The Pub is down at the moment, and I need to do an urgent change to CUCM, can I change my config on all the Subs?

And what's the result when Pub get back ? Will the Subs push the updated config to Pub ?

And what's the result if I change the config on Subs when Pub is active ?

Thanks !

Best Regards,

Wang Chen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot change absolutely nothing via any GUI if the PUB is down, only the pub has a read/write database. If the pub is down, all the SUBs go to read-only mode and only UFF can be made to the DB (and only via the phone). Whatever you need to change, will have to wait until the PUB is back up

If all the servers are up, the change is done in the PUBs DB an then replicated to all other servers.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot change absolutely nothing via any GUI if the PUB is down, only the pub has a read/write database. If the pub is down, all the SUBs go to read-only mode and only UFF can be made to the DB (and only via the phone). Whatever you need to change, will have to wait until the PUB is back up

If all the servers are up, the change is done in the PUBs DB an then replicated to all other servers.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Chen Wang
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks so much for your helpful reply !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: