cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When forward to Voicemail, outside caller will be asked for PIN (Unity Connection)

Daniel Flieth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

at the moment i set up Unity Connection and get a issue i never had befor.

When i setup my voicemail and forward my phone to it, outside caller who should get my greeting will be asked for my pin.

CUCM and UnityConnection are connected via SIP Trunk.

Does anybody know why this is happening?

Best Regards

Daniel

5 Replies 5

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Daniel,

Check your Forwarded Routing Rules (Under Call Routing) in UC. Make sure that the Attempt Forward is there and that the conversation is set to Attempt Forward. You might have to change the order if you've created any other routing rules.

Hey Gareth, thanks for your answer. But it seems that the call will match the direct routing rule

Attempt Sign In. But this couldnt be correct i guess?

That's fine foe a Direcr rule. If you have the remote port status monitor, check to see where the call actually goes to.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daniel,

In addition to the good tips from Gareth (+5)

I have a couple of questions.

1 - does this happen for all external calls?

2 - can you please provide your CUC version?

Cheers!

Rob

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

Have you checked the call in the port status monitor? If yes, what is the "redirecting id" showing up in the port status monitor?

If there is any forwarding party involved like a phone or a CTI route point involved in the call, then you may want to check their "display name" and "ASCII Alerting name" fields. These fields should not contain the word "Voicemail". 

I have also filed a bug for the same a few days back:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtx00678

Please rate helpful posts.

Regards,

Saurabh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: