cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where/how to download & install the native 64-bit Informix ODBC Drivers

STEVE GLICK
Level 1
Level 1

I was using the 32-bit drivers with 10.5, but we are on UCCX 12.5 now and 64-bit reporting software.  At some point I have installed the 64-bit native ODBC drivers on my own PC but now need to provide access for several others & can't find these here or from IBM, or anywhere else I've found.  For clarification, this isn't about 32-bit drivers on 64-bit OS (needing syswow64) but the native 64-bit ODBC driver.  We now use 64-bit Excel, 64-bit Power BI, etc., and must have the 64-bit drivers.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

With help from TAC, I found the file.  The IBM support site is not easy to navigate but this link is the 1st screen you'll need should anyone else be looking for the native 64-bit drivers.  You must have a free IBM support account so login before going here:  https://mrs-ux.mrs-prod-7d4bdc08e7ddc90fa89b373d95c240eb-0000.us-south.containers.appdomain.cloud/marketing/iwm/platform/mrs/assets/mrs_landing_page?source=ifxdl&lang=en_US 

You'll answer some questions, click "I confirm" and then choose the top option (it's the top one today anyway, 64-bit Windows SDK).  Click next and then click the download link.   This installs the native 64-bit Informix driver--if successful you'll see an Informix-SDK folder under c:\program files in addition to the one you may already have under c:\program files (x86).  

This was confusing to find--there's a lot of talk about the 64-bit package but for the most part that refers to an installer that doesn't require prepending SYSWOW64 to the path (you don't need that at all with the native 64-bit driver).  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Steve,
You can download it at this link from Unity Tools.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger.  Unfortunately, after installing this I still only see the 32-bit drivers. I understand that this is a release that has an installer that permits installation of the 32-bit ODBC driver on a 64-bit OS/Windows, but it doesn't install the 64-bit driver.  I mentioned I cannot find the installer now but my PC that does have the 64-bit Informix ODBC driver has the main driver, iclit09b.dll, in the folder "C:\Program Files\IBM Informix Client-SDK\bin".  It is 1,284 bytes.  The 32-bit folder is under "Program Files (x86)\IBM Info....." and is 1,002 bytes.  So far this has stumped the TAC and 2 VARs we work with.  If I didn't already have it on my PC I'd conclude it doesn't exist.  I very much appreciate your help.  Best, Steve.

With help from TAC, I found the file.  The IBM support site is not easy to navigate but this link is the 1st screen you'll need should anyone else be looking for the native 64-bit drivers.  You must have a free IBM support account so login before going here:  https://mrs-ux.mrs-prod-7d4bdc08e7ddc90fa89b373d95c240eb-0000.us-south.containers.appdomain.cloud/marketing/iwm/platform/mrs/assets/mrs_landing_page?source=ifxdl&lang=en_US 

You'll answer some questions, click "I confirm" and then choose the top option (it's the top one today anyway, 64-bit Windows SDK).  Click next and then click the download link.   This installs the native 64-bit Informix driver--if successful you'll see an Informix-SDK folder under c:\program files in addition to the one you may already have under c:\program files (x86).  

This was confusing to find--there's a lot of talk about the 64-bit package but for the most part that refers to an installer that doesn't require prepending SYSWOW64 to the path (you don't need that at all with the native 64-bit driver).  

link from Steve is no longer active, but that tip solved my issue (thanks a lot, by the way).

I used this link IBM MRS , register for free (as stated by others) or login, and find version, suited your needs - for me, it perfectly worked with "clientsdk.4.10.FC14.windows64.zip" - Win10, 64bit, Excel O365 and UCCX 12.5.