Views
Helpful
Replies

Whitelist for outbound calls

krizvite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community, 

I have one question regarding withlisting for outbound calls. Do you know, if CUCM offer any option to create a white list for outbound calls or maybe is it possible to build some kind of concept on ISR?

I know such kind of sollution from ntw, but the quesiton is if its possible to build it just with CUCM solution..
Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no such concept in CUCM.

CUCM can only route what has been configured in the dial plan, guess that would be the closest thing to what you're asking.

If you configured a route pattern with the Route this pattern option, it's allowed.

If there is nothing in the dial plan to match what you're trying to dial, or the CSS doesn't allow you to reach it, then you're not allowed to dial it.

It goes down to the basics, CSS/partitions and dial plan.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no such concept in CUCM.

CUCM can only route what has been configured in the dial plan, guess that would be the closest thing to what you're asking.

If you configured a route pattern with the Route this pattern option, it's allowed.

If there is nothing in the dial plan to match what you're trying to dial, or the CSS doesn't allow you to reach it, then you're not allowed to dial it.

It goes down to the basics, CSS/partitions and dial plan.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

CUCM has a native API for whitelist / policy control available in the dial plan it just takes a little extra development. It's the drop down box on patterns called External Call Control and uses the Cisco CURRI API. The API makes a real-time http request to a second system to determine literal permit/deny/modify action for the call.

You asked if it was possible on ISRs - Yes, CUBE can use the IOS XCC Realtime API, you can do similar features through that API for white listing calls that pass through CUBEs based on conditions.

I know this because I integrated to both, and built a real-time API that does whitelisting inbound or outbound calling on CUCM or CUBE - CallTelemetry   If you're looking for a pre-packaged policy server to do this via native Cisco APIs, take a look. 

Hi Jason,

thank you for your reply. I have searched for a sollution and found the  External Call Control as well.
We are working to developing some quick webap for the white list.

But like Jaime told us, generally there is no feature regarding this direct from cucm..