cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why is the NFS mount needed on ESXI from Prime Collaboration Deployment 10.0?

MICHAEL CICCONE
Level 1
Level 1

I've been reading through the Prime Collaboration Deployment Admin Guide 10.0 and I'm trying to figure out why the NFS mount is needed from the PCD Server to the ESXi?  When you upload your image to the PCD /fresh_install Dir it's on the PCD Server.  When you run the Migration tasks you run that from PCD, so why does ESXi need the NFS mount?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

JOHN WILHELM
Level 4
Level 4

It looks like the NFS mount is actually just the SFTP datastore on PCD.  This allows the vm to get the media (.iso files) from the host in order to perform the upgrade/migration. 

Can PCD use ISO's stored in a folder on a "traditional" datastore (i.e. an existing datastore that is presented via Fiber Channel SAN) so that PCD does not need root access to the VMware ESXi host?   

I don't think so... I was looking for that functionality myself.  Either way PCD would still need access to the ESXi host in order mount the ISO and shutdown/restart the VM, etc.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: