cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Jabber to a shared line causes 'out of resource' RTMT error

terry duffy
Level 1
Level 1

We are using CUCM version 12.5 Whenever a Jabber client calls to a shared line, this one in particular is on 14 phones, RTMT throws out the  'Locationoutofresource' error.  The call does go through with no issues.

The receiving end point is a hardware phone model 7942. The location is set with plenty of audio bandwidth to handle the G711 14 times at once if it had to.

I find that by setting the video bandwidth higher, the errors stop, why would this check against the video bandwidth if it is an audio call? Has anyone seen this before?

10 Replies 10

ravi.kumar1
Level 1
Level 1

is the video turned on your jabber softphone? share some screenshots

Yes, I forgot to mention, video is turned on and there is 2megs of video bandwidth configured for the location, with a 900K limit per call through the region. If a Jabber client calls into a single line at the same location, no message. 

The call to the shared line is only answered on one 7942 phone, I thought only signaling should be going to all the shared line phones before it is answered, not an actual video.

Are the alerts only generated for the calls that are answered by 7942 phones or even if the call isn't answered.

Great question, I just tested, From Jabber (set to start with Video) I had the phone ring twice then hung up, and I still get the error message. 

What if the video is turned off

No error message with 'start with video' turned off.

Do you need further explanation or you are good?

I don't know why this is happening, it looks like a bug to me, is it a known bug? Why would signaling cause an out of resource error? Why would Jabber actually send a video stream to 14 phones before the phone is ever answered, or before it knows whether it will even be a video call? Doesn't make any sense.

What is your cucm version
Inhad this issue on cucm 10.5
Send me a sample call traces

Unfortunately, we would not like to send a trace file that includes our IP addresses and networking information to a public forum.

If it comes to that, I'll have to create a TAC case. We are on version 12.5.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: