Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2020

Views
Helpful
Replies
Enthusiast

XMPP Federation via Expressway - Presence Status auto allow - Jabber Privacy Setting

Hi,

is there any way to auto allow the exchange of the presence status for different (federated) domains?

We have a xmpp federation via expressway with another company and I don't want that every colleague has to allow every single contact request.

Any Ideas?

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Assuming you're using Jabber

Assuming you're using Jabber 11.x, which does have an allow and a block list config for privacy, you could set the domain you're federating with, in the allow list. Although, I'm not sure if that would prevent the request to be shows, because the only options for Outside my domain are:

Prompt me every time, OR Block everyone.

You would need to test it out, this seems to me as the logical behavior, you don't want unauthorized people adding you, without your knowledge.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hi Jaime,yes I'm aware of the

Hi Jaime,

yes I'm aware of the privacy option in Jabber.

The question is, is there anyway to rollout that for all users?

It seems there is no option for a configuration via jabber-config.xml

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_C1247C0B_00_cisco-jabber-parameters-reference-guide.html

Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Not AFAIK, those are handled

Not AFAIK, those are handled at the user level.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Beginner

Re: XMPP Federation via Expressway - Presence Status auto allow - Jabber Privacy Setting

you can desactivate the notification using this configuration 

- Cisoc unified presencesetting>allow user to view availability  of other users witout beeing prompted for approval (checked)

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here