Views
Helpful
Replies

your call is being recorded announcement

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Guys,

How can I play a "your call is being recorded" announcement on incoming calls?

It is only for a small number of extensions (40)

The gateways are MGCP (I used a TCL script before to do this on a H323 gateway but changing to H323 is not an option here)

We have call manager and unity connection 10.5

I thought about using unity call handlers but the problem with this is that you can only select a single number to forward the call to after a call handler plays the announcement and these users need to retain their incoming DDI's.

Using UCCX I know how to do this but we do not have this available to us.

Is it possible to set up some kind of announcement in CUCM?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In the end I did as Jaime said.

I did the follwoing:

Hunt list with no members

Hunt pilot on 2802 only accessible by the MGCP gateway

Hunt pilot with queueing enabled, with a MOH source set with an announcement to be played before the call queues

Hunt pilot set to divert all calls to 2802 when no hunt group members logged in on a CSS that can only access the 2802 handset and not the hunt pilot

What happens is the call comes in the gateway, hits the hunt pilot, plays the announcement BEFORE sending to the hunt group.  It then tries to route the call, finds the hunt group has no members and so diverts it to the users handset.

The rest of the call is then as per usual for a normal call to a handset that invokes voicemail.

Can I suggest something is thought about by Cisco on this front as this has been a bug-bear for a long time for me (Ive been doing installations for customers 10 years)

Some customers have an entire UCCX server JUST to provide a “your call is being recorded” announcement.  My solution above WORKS but is not ideal, as you need to have a hunt pilot for EVERY handset you wish to make the announcement on.

What I think we need:

An announcement function that you can tie MOH files to be played on a certain number. This function should have the ability to then pass the call back to the originally dialled number.

An example:

Call comes into gateway

Route pattern XXXX routes all calls to “Annoucement_device1” to play announcement

Announcement_Device1 has a “final destination” parameter that you can set a CSS on, and then either direct to a number of your choosing, or “Originally dialled number”

Or, thinking about it, if we can simply use “XXXX” as a Hunt pilot number, and the forward destination on the hunt pilot itself, this would also work.  This is not possible currently is it?

Adding the “announcement” functionality to translation patterns would also serve this requirement.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not to do what you want, it would be the same as with CUC, you might use the queuing mechanism from the line groups, but you would need to set this up PER DN.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I did think about this, and it is an option (If nothing better exists)

However, how do we ensure that the announcement is always played in full, and only once?

Surely with this option if the call is answered straight away, the announcement may not get played?

Happy to hear input or ideas.

In the end I did as Jaime said.

I did the follwoing:

Hunt list with no members

Hunt pilot on 2802 only accessible by the MGCP gateway

Hunt pilot with queueing enabled, with a MOH source set with an announcement to be played before the call queues

Hunt pilot set to divert all calls to 2802 when no hunt group members logged in on a CSS that can only access the 2802 handset and not the hunt pilot

What happens is the call comes in the gateway, hits the hunt pilot, plays the announcement BEFORE sending to the hunt group.  It then tries to route the call, finds the hunt group has no members and so diverts it to the users handset.

The rest of the call is then as per usual for a normal call to a handset that invokes voicemail.

Can I suggest something is thought about by Cisco on this front as this has been a bug-bear for a long time for me (Ive been doing installations for customers 10 years)

Some customers have an entire UCCX server JUST to provide a “your call is being recorded” announcement.  My solution above WORKS but is not ideal, as you need to have a hunt pilot for EVERY handset you wish to make the announcement on.

What I think we need:

An announcement function that you can tie MOH files to be played on a certain number. This function should have the ability to then pass the call back to the originally dialled number.

An example:

Call comes into gateway

Route pattern XXXX routes all calls to “Annoucement_device1” to play announcement

Announcement_Device1 has a “final destination” parameter that you can set a CSS on, and then either direct to a number of your choosing, or “Originally dialled number”

Or, thinking about it, if we can simply use “XXXX” as a Hunt pilot number, and the forward destination on the hunt pilot itself, this would also work.  This is not possible currently is it?

Adding the “announcement” functionality to translation patterns would also serve this requirement.

Thanks for coming back with the results of what you did, it's far from being ideal, but this was not even possible a few releases back when we had no queuing. You can always engage your AM to submit a PER, AFAIK there isn't one for this, or if there is, add your name to the list of people looking for it. This is something that I've seen in many requests at CSC and PDI.

I'm no developer, but maybe they could re-use some of the code from what you did, and do something similar.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Replying to old thread but I am trying to copy this, but getting fast busy tone.

What I have done:

• Configured hunt-pilot pointing to hunt-list that contains no line group. I get fast busy tone when called hunt-pilot DN.
  • Configured hunt-pilot pointing to hunt-list containing one line group which then contains no member. Again I get the fast busy tone.
  • The only time I can hear the MOH is when I have configured a DN as a member in line group and if that DN is busy and second call comes in. Then only second call gets queued and I can hear the MOH.
  • It appears that if line group is configured under hunt-list and no member within line group is configured, CUCM diverts call to destination configured under "When no hunt members answer, are logged in, or registered:" without playing MOH first though.

I am on CUCM 10.5.2 if that makes any difference.

Please help!

Thanks Jaime :)

salman.razi
Level 1
Level 1

could you please explain for the following approach what exact steps did you do. An Example would be fantastic- Thanks

"I thought about using unity call handlers but the problem with this is that you can only select a single number to forward the call to after a call handler plays the announcement and these users need to retain their incoming DDI's"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: